muffler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i need to replace my exhaust from the cat back.
this will be the second time in 5 years that the OEM muffler rotted out.
should i spend the 120 bucks again, and know its going to last only 2-3 years, or should i go the 220 for MAF's aluminum piped cat back. althought the MAF muffler is galv. steel, like the oem, it will only cost me about 50 buck to replace the muffler, rather than 130 for the whole bunch.
whats your thoughs?

hammer
1-1/2 shackle lift
soon to have black MANLY powder-coated iron pig bumper!

Buy one and instal it yourself. It's cheaper that way.

I thought Toyota OEM mufferls had a lifetime warranty on them.

Toyota should replace it for free. I think this is a new thing.

I could be wrong.

Somebody chime in.

Get a $50 flowmaster and install it yourself..

Benji said:
I thought Toyota OEM mufferls had a lifetime warranty on them.

Toyota should replace it for free. I think this is a new thing.

I could be wrong.

Somebody chime in.

i think you are correct, they came out with that program a while back.

reciept? prolly gonna need it, unless the service dept installed it.then toyota would have in their system.

i would agree with mace on the flowmaster......

Yeah, just go to a hot rod shop or mom n pop muffler shop. I think my flowmaster with custom pipiing coming out right behind the rear drivers side mudflap cost me $130. That was from the cat back. It may have even been cheaper! I don't really remember. Plus th flowmaster isn't really much louder than stock and tucks up into the undercarraige better.

If Toyota installs it, then it is covered under warranty. Warranty does not apply to DIY.

man,
i wished i lived where you guys do.
mom and pop shops? not around here...
indedendent muffler shops? not with real estate costs here.I'm gonna go online for a flowmaster. gotta measure the od of the existing pipes.

My exhaust from the cat back with a flowmaster was $133.76 from Cole Muffler. If you guys know them, then you know that they are a chain, relatively big. They even made a side exit for me! Much quieter than my cat only system though.

I'm happy with my MAF with a Magnaflow.

do you NEED a muffler? i dont have one and it really isnt that loud. I can't even here it when im cruising and its only barely noticable on start ups.

-Brian-

You don't need one at all. I didn't have one for about 4 months and the only reason that I had to get one is because it needed a muffler to pass inspection. I liked the sound better without one plus it was lighter.

Toyota cat-back is around $110-$120, plus install. I sweet-talked my local dealer into doing it for $50 (about .5 hour labor). Normal labor late is about 1 hour. Planning on installing myself until I learned that there was no lifetime warranty unless they put it on.

Rob

I'd get a Thrush if for no other reason than to stick that cool roadrunner emblem on my window...

Thrush_bird.gif

zcruiser said:
I'd get a Thrush if for no other reason than to stick that cool roadrunner emblem on my window...

Thrush_bird.gif
Where is that gag symbol...

zcruiser said:

Thrush_bird.gif

Hell yeah man!!! That's what I got runnin on my 40, got the sticker on my windshield. Pics up Chicks like you wouldn't believe!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom