Mud slingin' ice mashin' picture takin' wheelin fun thread! (with pics!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrMoMo

That's not rust, it's Canadian patina...
Threads
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

HAD an absolute BLAST today. First real wheelin fun - and I dragged two buddys along with me. Figured the weather was finally getting nice enough, and the ground soft and mush enough that we should go exploring.

So, The trip consisted of two trucks, My Blue '84 BJ60, and Moosecruisers White '84 BJ60. 3rd member was a long time buddy from highschool... our "paperazzi"

Trip started of at my place, where I just completed an oil change. Then we got moosecrusiers cruiser in, and did an oil change on it, as well as installing the new speedo cable -so now he knows how fast he is going!! Also got both of our CB's hooked up for "trail comms"

After the nessecary work was out of the way, we decided to go check out a "road" I went down years ago on my ATV. I knew exactly where it was, but didn't really know the condition of it. I did remember that when I went down on my ATV, the water was pretty deep, and the ruts were very deep. Being in Canada, and only the begining of MARCH, there is still quite a bit of ice around. So, on our entry, we werent really sure if we were driving on soild ice, or just a layer of ice, over water in the ruts... we shortly found out that in some places.... it was ice over water!!

So moosecruiser follows me in, and apparently I picked the better line, as he dropped through the ice and got completely hung up on both diffs... Luckily it was in a spot where I was able to get back around him, and tug him out backwards. At this point we decided it would be better to try my 2nd location - where we spent the rest of the afternoon.

Only pic I have is of Dr.J being "rescued" from the flood. (apparently we left him behind to take pictures!) Mike kindly offered his bumper as a ride out of the soggy wetness.

(more pics in second post... gimme a minute)
unmaintained.jpg
hindsight.jpg
ferry.jpg

Next spot was an old quarry, where ATV's & dirt bikes like to hang out. We posed around for a while, while we tried to (but didn't) get stuck.
MarchMud001.jpg
MarchMud002.jpg
MarchMud003.jpg

So then Moosecrusier decided he hadn't quite gone vertical enough, and wanted to see if he could burry his hitch & tailpipe more... (much steeper than it looks!)
MarchMud007.jpg
MarchMud008.jpg
MarchMud009.jpg

3rd is my attempt at being "art" Just wait till ya see some of the pics that the pro takes... :bounce::clap:
MarchMud013.jpg
MarchMud014.jpg
MudArt.jpg

And finally, after about 3 hours, we had covered about every square inch, three times in both directions. Found a good puddle to splash through (now dubbed the pressure washer) and headed home.

Nothing broken, Nothing lost, Took only pictures, left only... well.... a LOT more muddy mess than was there when we got there!!

Some of the most legal fun I've had...... defiantly the slowest paced 4 wheeled fun I've ever had.

So... do Ih8mud? No.. not for now (though I did have more fun crawling up the rocks)

Now you must await the "good" pictures! (Yes, he has to sort through over 1000 pictures - so stay tuned!)
MarchMud018.jpg
MarchMud019.jpg

I do have to add, that as much as I love my tires and lift, Moosecruiser was able to go everywhere I did. I might have had a slight traction advantage, but I was really surprised at the grip his tires had!

Looks like a lot of fun. Shows you don't have to go hard core to have some fun. Hope you guys can make it up to do some wheeling with us this spring.
Dave

Was I the only one who sang "So Happy Together" while looking at these pics?

Great trucks. I really like your painted steelies.

This is like "Glamour Shots" for cruisers.

Beeyouteefull. Can you guys come shoot mine? Work it, work it baby.

i had a tonne of fun i can't wait to go out again not bad for my stock truck . moosecruiser needs a logo for the hood something "white chocolate moose "?or something like that.when i get down it is moments like these that pick me back up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom