Mud Mobile? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm doing most of my viewing on my iphone, computer died... As of the 3.7.0 update everytime i go to the 80's tech forum it automatically shows up in dumbed down mobile version.

Is there a way to steer away from this and use my full web browser on the phone, like in the olden days?

Thanks,

Keep up the great work.

the mobile switch isn't supposed to effect the iphone....will see if i can figgur out whats wrong, but it's been happening for a while....

what about the treo?
haven't been getting the full version on it for a while.

figured it was something I needed to change on the phone but didn't get around to looking into it yet.

Yep, same here on my Iphone...started with the update near as I can tell.

Odd thing is, it only effects certain pages, the main page loads normal as well as does the TLCA section and the CP, but the actual individual tech forums and the club pages load mobile. I don't mind missing the pics, but the mobile version doesn't let me navigate to the new posts and also everything is bold.

Just more details for your enjoyment!

You gonna be at GSMTR or are you off on that other trip on the Left coast?

Same problem with my iPod Touch, which uses the same browser as the iPhone.

I would be happy if you just turned off the mobile feature altogether. It's nearly unusable as it is.

disabled Mobile Detection until it's updated for the full 3.7.x releases....

The crackberry is displeased :flipoff2:

I like it! I surfed through an otherwise horribly boring hospital committee meeting with the iPod Touch. Safari on the iPod works just fine with regular MUD.

Nate just needs to get a real handheld computer. :lol: :flipoff2:

Man. I kinda wish it were user configurable.
My Sidekick will display the full version, but the tables are all outta alignment. And it takes forever to load cos T-Mo has to do all the image resizing on the cache-server prior to sending it to the device.
On the mobile version it's quicker, and it'd be cool if there were links with ALT tags for images. And an option to only show new posts.
I just want everything, dammit! Am I asking too much?

I like it! I surfed through an otherwise horribly boring hospital committee meeting with the iPod Touch. Safari on the iPod works just fine with regular MUD.

Nate just needs to get a real handheld computer. :lol: :flipoff2:

I have one, it's called an EEE Pc :flipoff2:

Yooper just needs to get a real cellphone, not one that tries to do everything. :flipoff2:

:hmm: :idea: I wonder about the viability of a subdomain mobile wrapper, like m.ih8mud.com

actually, subdomain wrappers are possible with a couple vBulletin hacks.....ie: blackberry.ih8mud.com and such....haven't had the time to poke into it, and am swamped with travel for at least the next few weeks....

Yup, it's actually blindingly simple (just another check/change of variables hooked after a specific vB call)

If I have time tonight I'll write up another 'drop-in' snippet cause browsing regular mud on my BB has turned into a massive chore :frown:

Wife and I are thinking about getting an iPhone. We only have Macs anyway so its seems like a good way to go. Just wanted to get opinions prior to buying one.

I have one, it's called an EEE Pc :flipoff2:

Yooper just needs to get a real cellphone, not one that tries to do everything. :flipoff2:

:hmm: :idea: I wonder about the viability of a subdomain mobile wrapper, like m.ih8mud.com

I have one, it's called a RAZR.

My iPod is not a cellphone. :flipoff2:

I like the subdomain idea, seems more straightforward than a hack...

Wife and I are thinking about getting an iPhone. We only have Macs anyway so its seems like a good way to go. Just wanted to get opinions prior to buying one.

If you have good AT&T coverage where you need it then go for it. Best phone ever. But AT&T sucks around here, which is why I don't have one. :frown:

Any word on when you'll be putting the mobile version back on?

The 40 forum index is more than 200kb!

Bring back the simple mobile interface!!

Any word on whats happening with the mobile version? The ads and such really slow browsing to a crawl on Windows Mobile 6's flavor of IE, its almost impossible to load the index pages. Plus, its impossible to post due to the applet-like nature of the posting screen. I really miss being able to post realtime questions from the road/trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom