Mud-friendly source for bull bar? And other bumper questions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scottm

SILVER Star
Threads
Bought my previous ARB bumpers from @sleeoffroad, been waiting patiently for them to be in stock, but time is running out. I prefer ARB, and must have full hoops around the headlights. I've hit seven deer and still running 175 miles each way to work from Michigan to O'Hare. Big trip coming up early September, Michigan to Montana and maybe further west. Trip to Maine maybe next. Hoping to have protection installed in six weeks. I would take the 100 if my son hadn't taken it to Washington.

Slee does have some accessories I'll need, camera relocate and maybe skid plates. Would like to have ARB steps and side rails, but it doesn't look like the side rails are offered for the 200. Nice to have in O'Hare employee parking.

There are a few places that look like they have this bumper in stock, but that is a maybe until I place the order.

I thought there was a thread or two about installing ARB bumpers on 200s...?
1627178620336.png

Worst case, I have access to welder, laser cutters, powder coat. But I'm trying to cut back on the crazy in my life.

Good luck with the supply chain today... They seem to have a small supply of the ARB deluxe front bumpers state side for the 200. I just ordered one it will be here within 2 weeks. Having more issues with the Warn winch assembled in the U.S. ?

The ARB bumper is a straight forward install. There are a few great Youtube videos from around the world on the install. Just make sure you have a few 13mm steel bits to pin the bumper. That's a step that a lot of folks skip for some reason but that's what makes it so damn strong for impacts. The most difficult part for me is removing the seized up OE tow hooks. I always need a torch and patience. You won't have any issues if you follow the instructions provided. (ask when your ordering if you need any wiring harnesses for lights and about fog lights and let them know if you have the head light washers. That's a different model # for the same price.)

Iv'e broken both slee sliders and ARB sliders. I tried out the BudBuilt sliders with the kicker and don't think I'll ever look back. But they do have a lead time and it's usually not as long as advertised if you call and pay in full.

If your coming up to ME send me a message. I can put you on some fun roads from NY to ME that Waze or google maps will avoid and not add that much time to the trip.

I thought there was a thread or two about installing ARB bumpers on 200s...?
Here you go:

Bought my previous ARB bumpers from @sleeoffroad, been waiting patiently for them to be in stock, but time is running out. I prefer ARB, and must have full hoops around the headlights. I've hit seven deer and still running 175 miles each way to work from Michigan to O'Hare. Big trip coming up early September, Michigan to Montana and maybe further west. Trip to Maine maybe next. Hoping to have protection installed in six weeks. I would take the 100 if my son hadn't taken it to Washington.

Slee does have some accessories I'll need, camera relocate and maybe skid plates. Would like to have ARB steps and side rails, but it doesn't look like the side rails are offered for the 200. Nice to have in O'Hare employee parking.

There are a few places that look like they have this bumper in stock, but that is a maybe until I place the order.
I agree regarding the ARB bullbar; I think the ARB Summit looks the most refined and OEM in appearance when compared to the other bullbar and plate bumpers on the market - especially when color-code matched. They also have a nationwide dealer network and a stellar customer service. That being said, I’d hold out for an ARB.

If having a bullbar is that essential for this road trip, have you tried calling around to the other vendors to see if they do in fact have the ARB unit in stock? Maybe @cruiseroutfit ? I think if you have the space and proper tools, this install should be an easy weekend job.

I have seen the ARB side rails installed on several 200s on this forum. IIRC, @cruiseroutfit has them installed on their chaser 200.

Good luck with the supply chain today... They seem to have a small supply of the ARB deluxe front bumpers state side for the 200. I just ordered one it will be here within 2 weeks. Having more issues with the Warn winch assembled in the U.S. ?

The ARB bumper is a straight forward install. There are a few great Youtube videos from around the world on the install. Just make sure you have a few 13mm steel bits to pin the bumper. That's a step that a lot of folks skip for some reason but that's what makes it so damn strong for impacts. The most difficult part for me is removing the seized up OE tow hooks. I always need a torch and patience. You won't have any issues if you follow the instructions provided. (ask when your ordering if you need any wiring harnesses for lights and about fog lights and let them know if you have the head light washers. That's a different model # for the same price.)

Iv'e broken both slee sliders and ARB sliders. I tried out the BudBuilt sliders with the kicker and don't think I'll ever look back. But they do have a lead time and it's usually not as long as advertised if you call and pay in full.

If your coming up to ME send me a message. I can put you on some fun roads from NY to ME that Waze or google maps will avoid and not add that much time to the trip.
Hell, I want to see pictures of broken Slee sliders please!

Broken supply chain. I just got a phone call today and a refund. The front bumper is on back order. For at least 10 weeks. But the winch should be here tomorrow. My friend recommended removing the wind screen and bolting it to the dashboard. I was talking to the dealer I use and he was telling me it's a nightmare now for them on the business side because half of their sales are gone because they can't get anything to sell. And a lot of customers don't get it and just get angry. Apparently it's worse in Canada, I tried, they are trying to source parts from the US.

Hell, I want to see pictures of broken Slee sliders please!
I am the worst at taking pictures. About the only pictures of any of my trucks I've had are back round pictures with something else going on. Or someone specifically asks me for a picture of something that is work related. I just got an iphone last year and had a flip phone prior.

Filip from Dissent Off-road here just wanted to chime in about one of our 200 bumpers. Our Full Replacement Modular Front Bumper (for 2016+ LC) is an aluminum/steel hybrid design and supports a full bull bar. Very different aesthetic from the ARB bumper, so I wanted to make sure you saw all your options.

That said, we have a 16 week lead time right now so I don't think we could meet your timing. If you're not able to source a bumper in time for your trip please do consider Dissent. We focus on quality, not quantity and we design all our products for serious off-road use. 100% made in the usa.

IMG_9469.JPG

Filip from Dissent Off-road here just wanted to chime in about one of our 200 bumpers. Our Full Replacement Modular Front Bumper (for 2016+ LC) is an aluminum/steel hybrid design and supports a full bull bar. Very different aesthetic from the ARB bumper, so I wanted to make sure you saw all your options.

That said, we have a 16 week lead time right now so I don't think we could meet your timing. If you're not able to source a bumper in time for your trip please do consider Dissent. We focus on quality, not quantity and we design all our products for serious off-road use. 100% made in the usa.

View attachment 2743241
Filip, do you ship those and is it a no cut bumper?

View attachment 2743241
Have you guys tried to push this up on an lx570 to see how it would look?

Here’s the LC200 Low Profile on an 2015 LX. They have a specific LX model now with a wider center section, slightly different wing shape, and overall deeper size so it protrudes from the front a bit more.

E80CE6E6-2793-4567-B8F2-B9D9AAB89870.jpeg

Here’s the LC200 Low Profile on an 2015 LX. They have a specific LX model now with a wider center section, slightly different wing shape, and overall deeper size so it protrudes from the front a bit more.

View attachment 2743869
Thanks.
I’m wondering whether they tried their no cut +16 bumper (with or without bull bar) on an lx.

Last edited:
Cutting is the easiest part of a bumper install. Not sure why no-cut is an attractive option. Most of the no-cut options (looking at you, Dobinsons) are really compromised in terms of design.

Cutting is the easiest part of a bumper install. Not sure why no-cut is an attractive option. Most of the no-cut options (looking at you, Dobinsons) are really compromised in terms of design.
Speaking about Dissent's bumper specifically, I like the size/profile and hoops on their full replacement/no-cut bumper. For me it's not the cutting, since on an LX the grill would have to be cut regardless.

Thanks.
I’m wondering whether they tried their no cut +16 bumper on an lx.

The Full Replacement (no cut) front bumper will not work on an LX. The front of the LC is very differently shaped than the LX, the fenders are not the same, the headlight shape and angle are very different, in general, the LC has a flatter/more vertical nose.

Some pics of the two together and some extra shots of the new(er) LX Ultra-high clearance front

LX570-LC200-04.jpg

LX570-LC200-05.jpg

LX570-close-01.jpg

LX570-full-02.jpg

LX570-full-03.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom