Mud Flaps...stay or go??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing my new slee sliders tomorrow and a snorkel. Do I keep the mud flaps and make the small notches for the sliders? Or simply get rid of the flaps? What are the pros and cons?

If you keep your flares trim the flaps.

If you lose the flares...lose the flaps.

I trimmed up mine (no sliders yet) and love the look.

i removed my flaps (fj62). Mine were useless though. All the mud and water just went right behind the flap. Plus removing the flaps makes your truck look like it has more lift. What a bonus.

Without flaps the front tires, depending on how aggressive, will throw rocks into the lower body and give your truck a nice freckled look.

Keep the front flaps, ditch the rears... :D

I genarally put them on for on road driving and take them off when going off road,
Sean

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=6030;start=msg48035#msg48035 date=1065489868]
If you keep your flares trim the flaps.

If you lose the flares...lose the flaps.

I trimmed up mine (no sliders yet) and love the look.
[/quote]

Dan, you got a pic of those trimmed flares?

Silver,
Trim them, front and rear.

If you decide to remove then send them to Beowulf@PayPal.com

-B-

Thanks, think I'll do some trimming. Sorry Beo.... :D

The trimming should include cutting off most of the flap portion in addition to the notching for the sliders.
-B-

[quote author=Rogue link=board=2;threadid=6030;start=msg48070#msg48070 date=1065495698]
Without flaps the front tires, depending on how aggressive, will throw rocks into the lower body and give your truck a nice freckled look.

Keep the front flaps, ditch the rears... :D
[/quote]

Correct, but sliders will take care of that problem.

'93 fzj80 w/o sliders & flaps and w/rocker damage and chipped paint

If you do a lot of dirt roads or live where they sand the roads in the winter, I would only notch the front flaps to fit the sliders. The rocks can still make it to the side of the truck with the sliders installed. The fronts are only 3 bolts to remove when you go off-road. Just pull them when going off-road.

You can also cut the original running board pieces in the front to sit above the slider and provide a really clean look. See
http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/80_sliders.htm

I thought I heard that you "could" get mud flaps for 80 series that DID NOT originally have fender flares. I intend to remove my flares and mud flaps eventually (yes Beo, you can have the flaps ;)) and would like to know where I can get these no-flare mud flaps.

Anyone have a part number????? Please let me know.

Also, if they're REALLY expensive from Toyota, has anyone made up anything "booty fab" to serve the same purpose??? I'd like to see it.

Jody.

Mud flaps for FLARE-LESS 91-92 80 series.

RF 76603-60030 $52.53
LF 76604-60030 $52.53
RR 76607-60020 $62.05
LR 76608-60020 $62.05

:cheers: D-

Will they fit on my '93 C-Dan??? I would assume so, but I could be wrong...

>> yes Beo, you can have the flaps <<

Ohhhhh, goodie, goodie, goodie. :)
-B-

Yes,

They will fit once the flares are removed. The OEM application is 91-92 only as flares became standard in 93.

Mud flaps for FLARE-LESS 91-92 80 series.

RF 76603-60030 $52.53
LF 76604-60030 $52.53
RR 76607-60020 $62.05
LR 76608-60020 $62.05

:cheers: D-

Dan,
Are these part numbers still good? If so what are the current prices?

Wow - 10 year old thread revival! Is that a record?

Call Dan is the best way to get ahold of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom