MTBer wants to builds a gravel bike (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Right on!

New headtube looks great, cable routing all looks good. 3x rack boss and interior fender eyelets, very nice. The lauf would plug into this frameset correct? As i've seen it on some other factory rigid (non-suspension corrected frames).

I think you've worked your way to a nice bike here, not much room for critique.

I say 'send it'!
Thanks!
Yes, the Lauf would plug in nicely. The Lauf is 20mm higher (14mm higher sagged) so it won’t change anything to drastically. Any changes would actually help the geometry be more trail friendly so I think it’s a decent balance for my needs.
I’ll update the thread when they finish the frame.

Wheels are built and parts are rolling in. Sram XG1180 cassette should be here on Thursday if Amazon sends the right item.

j5PZh45l.jpg

pULLfenl.jpg

15 weeks later and the frame is finished. The frame design isn’t quite what I originally set out for but it should make for a great all purpose drop bar bike.
Once the frame arrives, I’ll have some bead blasting to do then I’ll get to the assembly.

0A898DA5-F23E-4416-B106-7B4AED9CDA1B.jpeg

53E132A6-BFFD-4F68-BCC0-246A4323F4A0.jpeg

AD62D55B-66A1-439D-A1DC-36755F5E3F85.jpeg

CCE23617-FE03-4C56-9506-4200380D5A0A.jpeg

The bike is finally rideable. I ended up cutting the front brake hose a bit short so not much slack right now. I also need to reposition the levers a bit. But overall I'm super happy with how it turned out. The ride and fit are both fantastic. The weight is a bit much at 19.5 pounds but I'm not complaining. I could have saved about 3 pounds by getting a carbon frame and sticking with a rigid seat post.

5iLls1Nl.jpg

E5NO01Ol.jpg

JG9TSsFl.jpg

LEoMNwZl.jpg

ixfszkTl.jpg

Y0Ei2Oyl.jpg

kuuhmOGl.jpg

Looks incredible, you like the SQ labs seats huh? The color pops are incredible.

Proper work, now go get it dirty!

Looks incredible, you like the SQ labs seats huh? The color pops are incredible.

Proper work, now go get it dirty!
Thanks. I may do some more bead blasting work on the back end this winter. Not sure what I want to do though.

As for the SQLab 611, it's my first one. I found this one on Amazon as a warehouse deal for $87 instead of the $179 regular price. I normally run a 138mm saddle and this one was a 140mm so I thought I would give it a whirl as the price was right. I put 25 miles on the bike tonight and I can say that I'm pleased with the saddle. No major issues or numbness. I didn't have any padded shorts on either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom