Mt. Lemmon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Coolstream

Coolstream Auto Air Conditioning Parts
Threads
Website
www.coolstreamac.com
This is a family oriented run, open to everyone. The road up to the top is scenic and not difficult. 4wd only required (for about 100') for those who are camping overnight at Phil's secret campsite. Currently, Stage II fire restrictions are in effect, no campfires, open flame, smoking, etc. although this may change depending on rainfall. Bring whatever supplies you feel you might need. If you haven't had a cookie at the Mt. Lemmon Cookie Cabin, don't miss the opportunity.

When: Saturday July 20th with optional overnight camping

Where: If you wish to run the backside up Mt. Lemmon, (N. Oracle Control Rd.) meet at the Jerry Bob's in Catalina at 16639 N. Oracle Rd. John (splitshot) will lead us up and we should arrive at the top around noon. If you arrive via the front, Mt. Lemmon Hwy, plan on meeting around noon at the upper Ski Valley parking lot.

Time: Meet at 7am at Jerry Bobs in Catalina for those going up the Control Rd.
If driving up the front side, plan on it taking an hour or so.

We'll proceed to Chuck's cabin (thanks Chuck!) for food, drinks (bring your own) and socializing. Optional camping for those that want, at a site TBD.

So that we have an idea of how many to expect, please post up if you'll be attending and whether you plan on camping.

Some pictures from last time are here.

That might be fun, I would love to be on that mountain to watch some monsoons

Hey! I'm to the group but wanted to get in on some of the club action. I live up by Catalina so this would be an easy one to make is it only for a close knit group? I'd like to camp and get to know people.

Sorry...there's no such thing as a "secret campsite" on the south side of Mt. Lemmon...unless you've never driven around up there in the few open areas that there are.

I would bet the fire restrictions might be lifted buy the 20th. although we are talking the Feds here..:doh:

I would bet the fire restrictions might be lifted buy the 20th. although we are talking the Feds here..:doh:

Monsoon for a couple weeks in Coconino National Forest. Fire restrictions still in full effect. Would have to search to find dry wood and pine needles to have a fire. But have a home in the area I would rather they be to strict. Might have something to do with what all with the Yarnell Hill Fire. Lot questions about how that could of happened. May not want to take a chance anything else happening this summer.:meh:

Tentatively the nurse and I are coming with the kids camping.

Darnit!

I'm primary on-call for enterprise telecom support this week, so I will not be going on the trip. Have fun for Lars and I, and we'll see you at the August GT

Glenn and LarsEllen in Tucson

Coronado National Forest to Lift Fire Restrictions
Fires to be Permitted Friday, Visitors Reminded to use Caution

TUCSON, AZ (July 16, 2013) – The Coronado National Forest will lift fire restrictions on all five ranger districts on Friday, July 19, 2013.

Due to widespread precipitation across the Forest, additional rain in the weather forecast, and a rise in fuel moistures, it has been determined that the likelihood of wildfire has lessened to the degree that the restrictions can be rescinded.

Visitors are reminded to always practice safety with fire. Metal fire rings or grills should be used where present.

Rex -

I will be up on top tonight (Friday) and unfortunately won't make the ride up from Oracle. I'll be "meeting around noon at the upper Ski Valley parking lot" - do you mean all the way up by the top of the lift where we met last year, or in the lot by the base?

No Matter. I will find you guys about 1200.

I will have an FRS on channel 1-1 (Let's make it easy) and try my CB on Channel 10 (no guarentees there...)

Looking forward to the meet-up.

I will have a bunch of drinks (beer, some soda, and water), a bar-b-que grille, and general snacks and condiments, so everyone can pack a little lighter. I also have LOTS of plates, cups, and napkins.

See you on top.

Chuck

I'll bring some adult homemade hop juice in various flavors.

:cheers:

Rex -

I will be up on top tonight (Friday) and unfortunately won't make the ride up from Oracle. I'll be "meeting around noon at the upper Ski Valley parking lot" - do you mean all the way up by the top of the lift where we met last year, or in the lot by the base?

FWIW, I was thinking of the lot by the base. Rita and I will be coming up the front side, had a change in plans.

See you up there!

I will be there. Planning to hit the base around 11, coming up the front. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom