Mt Blanca trip - 2016 (1 Viewer)

Which weekend is good for you?

• Weekend of 9/9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend of 9/16

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
This trip was discussed at our last breakfast meeting and we came up with some potential dates:

9/9
9/16

This is a technical trail with a min of rear locker and 33" tires *required*. Body damage potential is fairly minimal but undercarriage grabbers are plenty! Here's pics and info from last year's run: Mt Blanca 2015

More detailed info from Trail Damage
Blanca Peak

Last year we left after work on Friday and camped at the trail head that night. The trail head is plenty big for truck/trailer parking. If we get a decent start on Sat morning, we should be at the lake by 1pm or so. It's ONLY a 6 miles long trail for crying out loud!! If we get to the lake early enough, much hiking and fishing to be had.

This is getting to be later in the year so the night at the end of the trail will be rather cold. Not sure if the snow will start flying then or not!

Let us know if you can make it and which weekend is preferred.

Last edited:
Ding dang responsible adulthood!!

I'm thinking I can probably make it but the only weekend I could go is the 16th. I should check the weather for that time of year.

I agree Matt, the weather will impact this trip. It's still very early but Accuweather says 74/42 with no thunderstorms.

I can't make either. Looks like a challenge I'd like to experience at some point. Beautiful pics from 2015. Have fun.

Chris

A group from NM4Wheelers will be hitting the trail this Saturday morning at 9. Might be worth checking out if your free for the weekend

well, no biggie, we can postpone this trip until next year if need be.

What's the earliest Spring month this would be snow free? Or is this a better fall trip?

I will not be able to make Blanca like I thought I would due to work.... I hope to do the trip when the weather gets warmer again has i believe this is fun trip. my 2 cents....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom