For Sale MT 1997 FZJ80 Green Locked 114k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
First post! Longtime lurker, someday hopefully owner of a Land Cruiser. I'm more in the market for a 200, but I know these 80's are in high demand.

Was cruising around this past week and saw this thing parked in a showroom. Had to stop and look. According to the salesguy, it is the owner's car. Originally purchased in CA and then spent most it's life in WA. He purchased it in '13? He said there has been a lot of interest, even looked at by somebody's mechanic (salesguy said it passed the testing?). Mentioned it was in a minor accident, just the front fender was dented (not sure which one) but repaired. There was no price hanging from the car anywhere, he mentioned 21k?

I took a few pics. I think it's a 40th edition. It has the locker switch. It is at Marketplace Auto in Kalispell, MT.
I snagged the VIN JT3HJ85J4V0174844.

Let me know if I can help out in anyway.

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_7070.JPG

IMG_9706.JPG

The carpet and center console had the 40th badging, but it looks like neither of the front quarter panels had the badges. Interesting...

Did you check out the underside? Not sure how that area treats their roads but could be a concern.
My quick look at the undercarriage, it looked better than I expected. No way it's lived in MT for long. This dealer opened up here in February.

Looks like a 40th for sure, the wheels as well. Also looks recently re-sprayed, so I suspect they removed the 40th badges while repainting - they're not that great anyway.

Nice truck!

Are you sure it is a 3x locked truck? I don't see the center lock switch above the HVAC controls. Or, is the switch someplace different on the 97?

Yeah I dont see the rr/fr locker switch to the left of the wheel. And there is Toyota security thing where I thought the center diff button should be. May warrant a phone call to the dealership

It’s triple locked. Pretty sure center auto locks when in 4 low and there is no button.

I would buy this however it’s probably too nice. Would always be concerned about where I parked it and possible damage and insurance not valuing it correctly. Low mileage always kind of concerns me too. Know people who have bought insanely low mileage 10 year old cars with no problem however this more than twice the age. Going to make someone happy though.

It’s also very clean underside.

Edit : close* to very clean; definitely not a concern.

Tail lamps appear to be aftermarket.

Too bad it's green, my least favorite color for an 80 (green lovers please
don't hate me).

Last edited:
It’s triple locked. Pretty sure center auto locks when in 4 low and there is no button.

I would buy this however it’s probably too nice. Would always be concerned about where I parked it and possible damage and insurance not valuing it correctly. Low mileage always kind of concerns me too. Know people who have bought insanely low mileage 10 year old cars with no problem however this more than twice the age. Going to make someone happy though.

It’s also very clean underside.

Edit : close* to very clean; definitely not a concern.

Hmm. Ill call on Tuesday. Only 3 hours away

Nice truck, you can see a glimpse of the locker switch in the 1st pic.

Yes, the center diff locks in 4 Lo without the 7 pin mod, switch etc.

The “it may have mechanical issues because the miles are too low“ are my favorite comments, especially on an 80 series. Can anyone actually validate that comment with personal experience on one of these trucks?

Not mechanical issues just routine maintenance;

most plan on spending 1–2k baselining a truck. One that has sat for long time might need even more done to get it up to speed.

Would be nice to spend 21k & feel safe driving across the country rather than feeling the need to spend another 1-2k. Maybe others don’t feel that way. Just a concern of mine.

Fro20fow do you have any association w this LC?

Looking closely at the engine bay, the paint color of the firewall and the radiator brace appears to be dark grey (?Sage) or black and the shade of green on the body appears different (?Forest Green) compared to factory Emerald Green. Could be my monitor, but I wonder if it's a repaint?

Last edited:
I think it is an Emerald green trait, the firewall appears that color in others. If you can see one in person or find other pictures you can compare. It is commonplace for manufacturers to use only the base coat in some parts and omit the finish coat.

I have no details regarding this specific truck or whether it has been repainted, I think the firewall appearance is common to others this color and not necessarily an true indicator of a repaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom