For Sale MT 1997 FZJ80 Green Locked 114k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
First post! Longtime lurker, someday hopefully owner of a Land Cruiser. I'm more in the market for a 200, but I know these 80's are in high demand.

Was cruising around this past week and saw this thing parked in a showroom. Had to stop and look. According to the salesguy, it is the owner's car. Originally purchased in CA and then spent most it's life in WA. He purchased it in '13? He said there has been a lot of interest, even looked at by somebody's mechanic (salesguy said it passed the testing?). Mentioned it was in a minor accident, just the front fender was dented (not sure which one) but repaired. There was no price hanging from the car anywhere, he mentioned 21k?

I took a few pics. I think it's a 40th edition. It has the locker switch. It is at Marketplace Auto in Kalispell, MT.
I snagged the VIN JT3HJ85J4V0174844.

Let me know if I can help out in anyway.

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_7070.JPG

IMG_9706.JPG

I ran the VIN on it. It's had three owners, was sold at an auto auction in California in May of 99 with 12k miles. Spent the rest of the time in Tacoma Washington until 2013 where it had 93k miles. Went to Sequim Washington until 2017 where it was involved in an accident with another vehicle. No other reports of anything until Feb 2020 where it has serviced at Kalispell Toyota Scion in Kalispell, MT with 114,622 miles. That's the only service record on file other than "Checked floor mats". Vehicle color was noted as "Green" throughout. Looks like it was wrecked in 2017 and sat for a while until someone decided to fix it and list for sale.

As far as the accident it doesn't list manner of collision. The only notes are that "Airbags did not deploy"

Hi Reaction. Did the mileage report on the VIN check that you did show that it was wrecked and then sat for a long time? I saw an auto check report and it didn’t have that type of information.

Nothing listed between 2017 accident and Feb 2020 service. May have sat, not sure of mileage at collision? May have been to a body shop that doesnt report to whatever auto history resource ReactionDT used, which isn't terribly uncommon. Dealerships dont usually do body work, in my limited experience. May have sat, may have been fixed immediately. Knowing if the owner renewed the registration each year in that span could provide more insight. IMO

Obviously this is all me guessing. I just figure if no airbags deployed the damage was unlikely to be overly expensive? Never been in an accident, just my assumption

In 2014 it had 101,480 miles. wrecked in 2017 and then listed for sale at 114,622 in 2020. Was wrecked in Washington. I guess whoever does their wreck reports doesn't e-submit them to the state because there is no impact area or grade of damage at all. In Alabama all of this is listed

I was able to learn about an inspection that was done for a buyer that was interested in February but did not by the truck. Please PM me if you are interested to learn what the inspection found.

Was able to view some photos of the damage caused by the accident. Pretty significant. Easily 5-8k of damage. Most likely some sort of structural damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom