MSC Direct - WOW! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
http://www.mscdirect.com

If I had 3 thumbs, they'd get 3 thumbs up for delivery speed.

T evening, workin on installing my 4.1 62-series fine spline gearset, parts from cruiserdan had just arrived. Well, get the inner bearing on the pinion, race seated, outer bearing started, and start installing the 22mm x 1.5 nut (which, BTW, is odd to the 62 series...maybe the 80 series too....60/55/40 get a 20mm nut)

anyways, the damn threads on the pinion were buggered up, and I ended up trashing the nut (good thing I ordered 2).

I hop onto MSC's website, do a quick search, and come up with a 22mm x 1.5 thread chaser die for $21 plus the ride. No problem, 8pm on Tues evening, ordered and enroute....I figger it's shipping from Ohio, will hit the truck on Wed, and deliver on Friday, giving me a nice weekend project.

I'll be DAMMED if it didn't arrive on my doorstep on Wednesday at 6pm!! LESS than 24 hours from order to delivery!!

IMO, if you need tools and such for taps, dies, bolts, nuts, studs, etc....this place rocks for delivery!

Excellent and thanks for supplying a link.

That is some outrageous service, did you pay extra for your shipping.

reffug said:
Excellent and thanks for supplying a link.

That is some outrageous service, did you pay extra for your shipping.

no shipping extra...believe their normal is $5-6 for handling/freight....I was in no rush, just pleasantly surprised!

I had a similar experience....Came home from work - package on my door step...I was like "WTF??? Didn't I just click "place order"....

If they have an outlet near you they do that. I used to have an outlet some 15 miles away. Online orders went to their national website, of course. But they delivered from the local store, usually the next day, not through any mailing service but rather by one of their in-house delivery crew in a company truck.
If you're not near one of their places you get ground commercial service like you normally expect.

Ditto on their service.

Also, I'm a catalog junky. Theirs is about the best.... a good 5 inches thick loaded with all sorts of goodies. If you are like me and have to have catalogs come in the mail every week then give theirs a whirl.

I had a problem with a brakeline fitting, the M9x1.0. Ordered a tap from McMaster, same day delivery, gratis.

Of course I had the machinist across the way order it, he has an account...............

McMaster does the same.

I love MSC - warehouse in sparks so I get next day shipping as well - that place kicks ass and not too horribly priced, better than Grainger at least.

that's where i get my tap and dies...great pricing and service. :cheers:

I have to say that I am also very please with them. i have made many purchases there. Other similiar companies are: http://www.mcmaster.com/ and http://www.grainger.com/

I found that they carry similiar products. The cool thing about grainger is that we have one in town. You can have it put on their truck, pich up at the store and save the shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom