Builds Mr. Torgue's 2010 GX460 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bought my the kit here. My dealer charged me $115 install fee for each front and rear. They gave me a good price so I’d expect to normally pay $400-500 for a shop to install them.

Power Stop K5874-36 Front and... Amazon product ASIN B00O6QJ9UG
How are these brakes noise-wise? I'm experiencing far too much squeak while braking the last 20-0 mph at stoplights. Dealer says they're in good shape and it's just normal but I can't accept that, my rig sounds like an old f-350 while braking and it's driving me nuts...

Once my current rotors start to warp I am doing that upgrade! Tempting to do it now but my rotors only have 30K on them.

Speaking of rotors my factory OEM rotors were still good enough to use. I cannot believe I got over 158k miles on original rotors considering considering the OEM brakes on both the 460 and 470 are a weak spot.

Reactions: r2m
How are these brakes noise-wise? I'm experiencing far too much squeak while braking the last 20-0 mph at stoplights. Dealer says they're in good shape and it's just normal but I can't accept that, my rig sounds like an old f-350 while braking and it's driving me nuts...
Zero squeak on these Power Stops.

Speaking of rotors my factory OEM rotors were still good enough to use. I cannot believe I got over 158k miles on original rotors considering considering the OEM brakes on both the 460 and 470 are a weak spot.
Chalk it up to good driving habits! My brakes also last a long time, especially when I had manual transmissions.

My rotors are aftermarket Bosch ones so I really don't think they'll make it to 158K! Gotta love OEM rotors, they often last 3X as long as aftermarket.

Chalk it up to good driving habits! My brakes also last a long time, especially when I had manual transmissions.
I engine brake a lot...

My rotors are aftermarket Bosch ones so I really don't think they'll make it to 158K! Gotta love OEM rotors, they often last 3X as long as aftermarket.
Even considering they are under powered and our rigs are heavy cute fat pigs. lol

I did a thing today. More details coming soon on it’s replacement.

6A176279-207A-4849-8292-E851F1051076.jpeg

did carvana give you a good offer on the rav4? (i assume so) - did you look else where too?

my wife is considering selling her 2019 XLE with 20k miles and getting something a little bigger

Pins n' needles!!!

did carvana give you a good offer on the rav4? (i assume so) - did you look else where too?

my wife is considering selling her 2019 XLE with 20k miles and getting something a little bigger
I got paid well above what I paid for it. It made it a no brainer since we needed something else bigger anyway.

I got paid well above what I paid for it. It made it a no brainer since we needed something else bigger anyway.
But that great price above what you paid for it, does it translate to having to pay more for your mystery vehicle?

But that great price above what you paid for it, does it translate to having to pay more for your mystery vehicle?
Not really. You’ll see.

awesome. that's great to hear. the KBB value trade on my wifes car looks to be just about what we paid new for it 3 years ago, which is very cool

awesome. that's great to hear. the KBB value trade on my wifes car looks to be just about what we paid new for it 3 years ago, which is very cool
I'm willing to bet it's even better in real-world, like Cargurus.com.

I did a thing. RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 8ft bed

823F6D96-D535-40DC-AB40-E09C25B3E8AE.jpeg

07BE0ECB-9007-4824-B933-62AB33122244.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom