Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to restore leather (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this must be old news to some but I just stumbled on this:
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser at the grocery store. It's great!

Especially noticeable on the steering wheel where it took all the slick, glossy look away and it's back to a like-new matte leather look. It cleaned out all the gunk and dirt.

Also, marks in the leather seats which were impossible, just come right out.
Wipe up with water.

You use it gently and it works like... magic! The leather really does look great.

Condition the leather afterwards and it looks 100% better.

Found out Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a melamine foam. Basically a microscopic abrasive that feels like soft foam. Inert, safe and crumbles away like a pencil eraser.
Don't believe all the scare hype on the 'net about it.

Be gentle with it. Also, it left a light residue so wipe up afterwards w/ damp cloth.

It doesn't repair leather so any worn areas are going to stay worn:hillbilly:
but it took out alot of dirt.

works great on shoes, baseboards, brake dust coated wheels- that impossible to get rid of buildup spots...

Neat stuff!

x2, i saw what the magic eraser was doing in the kitchen when my wife was getting kool-aid stains off the countertop and ive had one in the garage ever since

I use them all the time. You do have to be careful with them, but they are amazing on hard surfaces. It takes ball point pen ink right off.

Nice - thanks for that. I stitched a superskin leather cover on my steering wheel a couple of months ago (should have used black instead of the attempt to match my dark grey) and it's filthy. I'm gonna go get some Mr Clean tomorrow!

I've also used them before with great results.

Don't believe all the scare hype on the 'net about it.

That's awesome, I know i was amazed when I saw them for the first time work wonders in a kitchen. What's the scare hype though? Did someone take their face off when trying to use it as an exfoliator? :p

Very good to know. I wonder how it will do with a circular stain on my second row seats.

If there is a noticeable difference, I will post up the before and after. I tried just about everything that was "safe" to remove the stain, to no avail.

That's right, my new magic eraser gets rid of everything and anything. It's like freaking magic and an eraser combined into one. You got pinstripes down the side of your cruiser, magic eraser to the rescue. Skid marks on the leather seats, no worries, magic eraser eats them up like last nights dinner. Spilled your beer on the square cup holder, that's no match for magic eraser! Tough stains where the infamous rear window leak left you stinking, stained, and wet, hehe, no problem, one swipe of magic eraser and that s***e is gone! That's right, magic eraser, it's good for everything! Stains from the panties in that LX, no problem, magic eraser gets rid of those too! The power of oxy, mixed with a freaking magical eraser! I don't know why I didn't think of that!

Order today, and.... get better gas mileage too! That's right, it's so freaking magical that it will give you better MPG in the eco drive cruiser!

That's right, my new magic eraser gets rid of everything and anything. It's like freaking magic and an eraser combined into one. You got pinstripes down the side of your cruiser, magic eraser to the rescue. Skid marks on the leather seats, no worries, magic eraser eats them up like last nights dinner. Spilled your beer on the square cup holder, that's no match for magic eraser! Tough stains where the infamous rear window leak left you stinking, stained, and wet, hehe, no problem, one swipe of magic eraser and that ****e is gone! That's right, magic eraser, it's good for everything! Stains from the panties in that LX, no problem, magic eraser gets rid of those too! The power of oxy, mixed with a freaking magical eraser! I don't know why I didn't think of that!

Order today, and.... get better gas mileage too! That's right, it's so freaking magical that it will give you better MPG in the eco drive cruiser!

And, don't forget...it's gluten free!

Gotta clean up that mess from knuckle rebuild, no problem, just throw a little magic eraser on it. Head Gasket shot, no problem, let that red blob settle on the grass and clean it up with magic eraser! Seat won't move anymore, forget that kit, just use some magic eraser on that gear! Windows won't move up or down, or is really slow, use some magic eraser on those rails and it's workin like a champ!

Intermittent AC? Remove that unreliable expansion valve and replace it with a Magic Eraser. BRRRRRR!!!!

thisthreadisuslesswithoutpics.jpg

For FYI, Magic Erasers are nothing more than melamine foam. You can buy generic for less money if you plan on using a lot of it.

Edit: I now see the OP already mentioned that. Next time I'll read first before posting. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom