MPG w/o Front Driveshaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know its been discussed but i thought i would just post up my findings.
The last few days i've been driving the 80 with 285's with no front driveshaft.
My driving is always mixed highway and city, this time was no different.

I usually avg. about 11.5-12 mpg and when i filled up tonight and calculated it i was gettin 13.6 mpg.....

Brandon...without the front drive shaft you are basically driving a 2WD vehicle--the rear two.

Less energy to push two wheels, than to push 4 all the time...

So when's the DC going in? Post pics dude...
-onur

However, he's still turning the front parts minus the driveshaft. So, perhaps even better mileage if he had lock out hubs?

beno said:
So when's the DC going in? Post pics dude...
-onur

It's coming, it's coming. . . . chill. . . . :D

Yea like concrete said,

Its on the way, hopefully later this week so i can have it on by the weekend.
We will both keep you posted and if it solves the grr problem i'll be sure to update the long thread about that certain topic.

Not to hi-jack this thread but I just put my front drive line back in, after three weeks of having off. I had zero gain in mpg! Damn!!! Still was getting 10 in town and 11.5 on the freeway. :rolleyes:

I had done many things to get the MPG up. Did a complete tune up,pulled drive shaft and put locking hubs on. I was getting around 13 mpg on HWY. Broke down and changed my fuel pressure regulator and got 17.4 MPG on 2 different trips this weekend!!!! Did notice down on power a little bit(less fuel?)

1991 230K

Mike

I think that the best way to improve the gas millage on our Cruisers is not to drive them.
Come on guys, we are not Land Cruiser owners because of their gas millage. If we wanted to save gas, we would be driving Priuses. Get over it.

Regards

Alvaro

FWIW,

This was not an attempt to gain gas mileage. I'm used to 12mpg and im happy with it. The only reason the front shaft is off is because i have a new double cardan on the way....

Cruiserhead05 said:
FWIW,

This was not an attempt to gain gas mileage. I'm used to 12mpg and im happy with it. The only reason the front shaft is off is because i have a new double cardan on the way....

Just curious how much lift are you running and what caster mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom