MP3 setup for FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some help on what to do for Music in Tate's 40. Suggestions and Pics please

Thanks,
Russell

Actually it (his 40) does not have a system in it at all. I was thinking of putting powered speakers and a portable MP3 player to use so he could take the player with him for secutriy. No top!

Something with a removable faceplate unless you have a center console which can be locked. The removable faceplate is nice so when you are leaving the cruiser it easily fits in the pocket. You can get a system like that with either a MP3 player input or some that will play CDs with MP3's burnt to it.

It sounds like you're trying to do something like what I've got in mind, which is use only an MP3 player (iPod in my case), amp and speakers. Or if you can find powered speakers of some kind, you wouldn't need the amp, I guess, but I'd question your ability to hear anything on the road.

If you get an amp and some speakers, you should be able to run the MP3 player direct to the amp with a mini plug-to-rca cable adapter. You could then just disconnect the player and take it with you.

The only hurdle I'm trying to overcome is wiring the amp so that it turns off when the truck does. Without the use of a head unit, you lose the ability to connect the remote wire from the amp to the deck that tells the amp to shut off when the deck does.

Felix said:
It sounds like you're trying to do something like what I've got in mind, which is use only an MP3 player (iPod in my case), amp and speakers. Or if you can find powered speakers of some kind, you wouldn't need the amp, I guess, but I'd question your ability to hear anything on the road.

If you get an amp and some speakers, you should be able to run the MP3 player direct to the amp with a mini plug-to-rca cable adapter. You could then just disconnect the player and take it with you.

The only hurdle I'm trying to overcome is wiring the amp so that it turns off when the truck does. Without the use of a head unit, you lose the ability to connect the remote wire from the amp to the deck that tells the amp to shut off when the deck does.

My older stand alone amp had a seperate line in to turn on and shut off the amp with the ignition or a fuse source.

This is exactly the setup I am trying to put together over the next couple months - with addition of an XM or Sirius portable unit as well as the ipod.

So is there any manufacturers that make an amp with a stand alone power input? As long as you find one like that is should be very easy to setup - right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom