Moving.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

theshining_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

-Mike-

Jack says, "Honey, I'm home!!!" :hillbilly:

Dan thats awesome! Im glad your doing a phase in..... or out, period! Dibs on the 1hz!:D

Would it fit in the 70? That would be cool.

Agree on keeping the snocat thought alive. I live at 7800 (also have a cabin 4 miles away at 9000) and have tried a blade on a truck, and a blade on a tractor.

BVest solution for me has been a 3 point snow blower on the tractor. Sno cat would be nice, but can;t get any utility in warm months (warm month?)

Blading OK for the first couple of snows, but as it builds up, there is no where to push it. This winter in the Jemez was a little tougher than normal as it never got warm enough to melt anything between snows.

I hate the heat and enjoy the snow so it works great for me. Hope the same for you. Beats the hell out of "civilization"

It would fit... but my 60 is jealous of that knocking sound and stinky exhaust!

Just to be safe we could always put it in a forty. :hillbilly:

You could do a double engine swap. Move your turbo 3B over to the 60 and put the 1HZ in the 70.

See how fast I (we) move?

Just closed on property. Ended up buying different land than we were saving for (the pictures earlier in this thread). 58 acres. Has a stream. Easier access than the other (only 1.5 miles of steep road), and has an honest 270 degree view (except for down near the stream). Roughly 900 feet of vertical from the top of the ridge to the stream, and then about halfway up the next ridge.

land 2.jpg

land 1.jpg

land 3.jpg

So, if anyone needs a place to camp just west of Denver... It will be a LONG time before we can afford to build a shop, so my schedule will be like it has been--between NM and CO for who knows how long.

Now comes the hard part: paying it off and building the house. Of course, with that comes the fun part--doing whatever it is we please on property we own, which for the near future means Kate is planting lilacs, and I get to play lumberjack just a bit... Also, I need to get the finishing touches done on Dad's 40, and then get my 45 running. Turns out I need to yard some logs soon...

Dan
land 1.jpg
land 2.jpg
land 3.jpg

Very cool, Dan! With 58 acres, you shouldn't have to worry about any annoying neighbors. What's the elevation? You mentioned 900 feet gain on the property. How's your commute going to be to the airport?

Very, very nice. As you mentioned, it will take some time, but what the hell. You already have a cool place that will only get better. How about access to power, phone, etc.? Keep us posted on your progress.

Very cool, Dan! With 58 acres, you shouldn't have to worry about any annoying neighbors. What's the elevation? You mentioned 900 feet gain on the property. How's your commute going to be to the airport?

The top is about 9000 feet, the bottom is around 8100. About 1.5 miles of steep, twisty road, then the interstate all the way to the airport. Just about 1:40 (which is exactly what my current drive to DIA is). I generally refuse to leave early no matter what the weather is (I'd rather just get there late--they can't exactly leave without me ;) ) but it has never once been a problem for me.

Very, very nice. As you mentioned, it will take some time, but what the hell. You already have a cool place that will only get better. How about access to power, phone, etc.? Keep us posted on your progress.

1500 feet of easement for a power line, which equates to 40K-80K for grid electricity. Which really means we'll build off grid. 25K is a conservative off grid system budget, but we'd probably put in an even bigger system, just so that it can power the eventual shop. You can even do 3 phase solar nowadays, probably cheaper than I could get 3 phase from the power company. High speed wireless is getting better every day, and we have amazing cell phone coverage.

One way or another, I'm sure I'll keep some updates here, but I'll likely try to wrangle a bit of help at some point--careful.

Dan

My fishing buddy just moved to Littleton so now I have 2 excuses to visit the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom