Moving to the area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm in the Navy and will be moving to the area in the November/December time frame. Going to be stationed up on Whidbey. (I hope I chose the correct WA chapter)

Looking for info on finding a shop to work on and store my cars as well as possibly a place to stay while I'm there for the following 3 years. Any info or leads would be great. A shop with living quarters in it would be ideal!

:cheers:

No other Navy guys on here that have a common place to wrench on their rigs? Or anyone happen to have a room for rent starting around April?

Obviously this forum isn't as active as the one's I'm part of down here in the southeast, but I'll keep trying. haha

Looks like I'll be renting a shop just south of NAS Whidbey in case anyone needs a place to wrench on the weekends. If anyone does construction & framing type work, I may need some help or guidance building a small office enclosure within the shop.

In looking at the events in the area, I may try for the McGrew Trail Ride as my first event to hit. But even if I don't make that, I'm for sure doing everything I can to make the Marlin Crawler Roundup. Anyone in the area go to these events?

Steve
I'm 1/2hr E of you.
This 'forum' area for events in this area etc. doesn't get much activity and more local forums for that - as far as I can see.
Ping me when you are up this way

Steve
I'm 1/2hr E of you.
This 'forum' area for events in this area etc. doesn't get much activity and more local forums for that - as far as I can see.
Ping me when you are up this way
Oh my gosh - LIFE! haha

Sounds good man. I'll be up that way around mid April after some schooling down in Bagor en route.

Looks like you've been around a lot, and apparently with your 80? Are you military too?

Steve
No connection with the military other than an ex-Marine relative in DC

Yep same here, rain country cruisers has there own site, but just now I tried it and it was down. Anyway I'm the worst cruiser head on the planet cause I never work on mine or get out. My in laws live in greenbank and we live in anacortes. You're welcome to email me at frobuster@yahoo.com.

Last edited:
Just north of Ontario Oregon currently with hopes of getting past Portland before sunrise. That'll put me on the island tomorrow night hopefully. Won't be around much; just going to unload enough to get my car outta the trailer to take to Bangor. May see some of you soon though. I may check out those other, more active, sites, but I'm a pretty big fan of IH8Mud, so I'll continue trying to breathe some life back into it.

IH8MUD on Android

Just north of Ontario Oregon currently with hopes of getting past Portland before sunrise. That'll put me on the island tomorrow night hopefully. Won't be around much; just going to unload enough to get my car outta the trailer to take to Bangor. May see some of you soon though. I may check out those other, more active, sites, but I'm a pretty big fan of IH8Mud, so I'll continue trying to breathe some life back into it. IH8MUD on Android

Are you taking the ferry from mukilteo or are you going around from deception pass? If you take the ferry, stop by bubba burgers in freeland. It's a food truck in the habitat for humanity parking lot. tell heather that Michael and Ted sent you. Best burger on the island!!

I did come up and across the Pass, but I'm always looking for a good burger so I'll make my way there. Don't suppose they're there on the weekends? I have to go over to Kitsap/Bangor today or tomorrow and plan to take one of the south island ferries.

IH8MUD on Android

I did come up and across the Pass, but I'm always looking for a good burger so I'll make my way there. Don't suppose they're there on the weekends? I have to go over to Kitsap/Bangor today or tomorrow and plan to take one of the south island ferries. IH8MUD on Android

Closed Sunday/Monday - two sad burger days on the South Island community.

I had it planned to go down there yesterday but my rental paperwork ran long so I didn't make it. I'll probably wait til one Saturday afternoon to make the trip between bases so I can get there.

IH8MUD on Android

I had it planned to go down there yesterday but my rental paperwork ran long so I didn't make it. I'll probably wait til one Saturday afternoon to make the trip between bases so I can get there. IH8MUD on Android

Good call, and not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Hold on a sec - you have a buell firebolt!!?!?!

Good call, and not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Hold on a sec - you have a buell firebolt!!?!?!
Right now, I'm actually planning on grabbing a burger this Saturday on my way back up to Whidbey from Bangor; I actually planned my hotel stay an extra day primarily for that reason.

And yes, I am the proud owner and rider of a Blk/Red XB12R Firebolt. Haven't ridden any since I've been here though because my military refresher qual isn't current. If I had an accident, the military insurance wouldn't cover me.

Right now, I'm actually planning on grabbing a burger this Saturday on my way back up to Whidbey from Bangor; I actually planned my hotel stay an extra day primarily for that reason. And yes, I am the proud owner and rider of a Blk/Red XB12R Firebolt. Haven't ridden any since I've been here though because my military refresher qual isn't current. If I had an accident, the military insurance wouldn't cover me.

Good call! If you do bubba, just look for the habitat for humanity parking lot and you can't miss it. and don't forget to tell heather that Michael and Ted sent you (he's my father in law, we always go there together).

I have a cherry bomb xb12stt lightning long wheel base. Love me that buell... Most fun bike to ride out there.

I'm picking mine up this weekend to bring back down here to Bangor.

IMG_20120603_174728.jpg

A good ride in the summer is hwy 2, it's been many years since I've done the ride but it was a great day.

I looked up the site for RCC and it looks like no ones been on it in a long time and when I try to read the posts it looks like it's in Russian. I just moved back to the Island after being gone for 27 years so was looking for places to 4 wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom