Moving to Roanoke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks- moving back to Roanoke, driving my 60 cross-country from California. The cruiser scene is huge out here, and I'm hoping to meet like minded people down to wheel, wrench, camp, etc. I'll be picking up a 40 series that will be more for crawling than anything else, and slowly restoring my 60. Who all is up in the Roanoke area?
DSC08212 copy.jpg

I'm also moving back to the Roanoke area soon. Have a '97 80 series. There are a handful of other mud members around too. I don't know them personally, not yet, but I asked a similar question and ended up finding a few people.

I'm also moving back to the Roanoke area soon. Have a '97 80 series. There are a handful of other mud members around too. I don't know them personally, not yet, but I asked a similar question and ended up finding a few people.
Awesome. I don't know if this is still an active chapter or not, but I only know one cruiser head back in Roanoke. I got into wheeling at Uwharrie and love wheeling Potts Mountain and will be hitting those places hard when I move back east.

Awesome. I don't know if this is still an active chapter or not, but I only know one cruiser head back in Roanoke. I got into wheeling at Uwharrie and love wheeling Potts Mountain and will be hitting those places hard when I move back east.
Not super active unfortunatley but slowly trying to change that. Some decent distance between a lot us can make it tough. I'm in the Charlottesville area, but have spent sometime in Roanoke - lots of great mountain biking and fishing around, think you'll enjoy it.

@mwalls54 is down your way. Can’t think of any others off hand. A couple folks, myself included, up around Harrisonburg.

Potts is great and has probably gotten more difficult since you were last there. A new place just opened around Blacksburg called Kairos. Apparently it’s a fun time. Wheeling, hiking, lots of river frontage. Haven’t made it down yet, but plans are in the works.

@mwalls54 is also the only real cruiser guy I know in Roanoke as well haha. Guess he and I will hold down the fort there-although my wife, who lives there currently, keeps seeing a red 60 around town that looks like mine.

@mwalls54 is also the only real cruiser guy I know in Roanoke as well haha. Guess he and I will hold down the fort there-although my wife, who lives there currently, keeps seeing a red 60 around town that looks like mine.
We will all have to get together once everyone moves back. Hopefully your dad is now hooked after your trip and we can get him into a cruiser too.

@LandSnoozer93 Matt is here but a small number of us are around. Look forward to seeing a 60 series again.

I hope 2021 can be more active for all of us. We have been slack in the Richmond area as well. Most of the Cruisers I see are my own! and some of my customers. I think the guys in NOVA are more active. The active club members in Richmond are from New Kent, Mechanicsville, Louisa, Madison, and I am in Richmond. To say the least we are spread out!

Maybe later this spring we can do a "club" run up to the Cove or Potts and meet up?

Rob

Olde North State Cruisers has been active on the forum but not with official activities. I have a small fire pit in the back yard and a beer fridge usually full of Miller High Life in the City Limits of Roanoke. Potts Mtn is just up the road.

Olde North State Cruisers has been active on the forum but not with official activities. I have a small fire pit in the back yard and a beer fridge usually full of Miller High Life in the City Limits of Roanoke. Potts Mtn is just up the road.
Looks like we know where to meet before running potts

Affirmative to the above. My neighbors already don’t talk to me.

its all fun and games until my loving bride runs us all off though. There’s some mean in that one, I tell ya.

Last edited:
Affirmative to the above. My neighbors already don’t talk to me.

its all fun and games until my loving bride runs us all off though. There’s some mean in that one, I tell ya.
My place is always open and lots of room for camping

I’m out by the lake. I’m near bay rock.

SW. Raleigh Court. Near Towers Shopping Center off Colonial.

SW. Raleigh Court. Near Towers Shopping Center off Colonial.
I'm currently right off of Garst Mill, essentially across the road from the silo. Moving to Cave Spring area very soon, and putting a 55 series into the garage for a full build, and putting a 40 trail rig in the driveway for wheeling/cruising around town. My 60 is still in California womp. I'm definitely down to do wrenching days on whatever projects are floating around town as well as wheel hard. Uwharrie is where I learned to wheel, Johnson Valley CA is where REALLY learned to wheel, and Potts has always been a blast to run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom