Moving to 100 series from Cherokee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm still on the hunt. I've seen a few lower mile rigs come up but it's been the usual no-response then they are gone. Fortunately I'm in no rush and wait for the right one at the right time.

I finally did it and got pretty much the opposite of what I set out for originally. 2003 LX. It's pretty well maintained but needs lots of little fixes and at least one big one I think.

I appreciate all the advice and guidance from everyone and I promise I will at least attempt a search before asking questions. Apologies on the boring pic but it will be awhile before I can get somewhere more scenic.
IMG_8624.jpeg

Nice, I like that color. How many miles? AHC still working? Good luck and enjoy the best built vehicle ever made.

Thanks all. I love it so far. So much nicer than the old Cherokee.

The color is Eucalyptus Mica. It looks gray, green or blue to me depending on the light but I'm admittedly not the best with color.

It has 228k and a fully functioning AHC. It needs a flush but the PO was nice enough to give me a 2.5 liter can that he never got around to using. That's on my agenda but brake flush is first since he couldn't remember when that was done last.

I'm going to stay stock at least for now and want to concentrate on the fixing things. I ordered the motors to fix the door lock actuators. The passenger side mirror doesn't tilt up and down, only left right and power fold in doesn't work. It didn't come with the remote unlock fob. Lots of little but complicated things like that to keep me busy.

One day will try to read all the posts on Tech Stream and see if I can figure that out and tweak some things. Need to get a FSM too. I will not be bored.

Congrats. As another former XJ owner I approve of this upgrade.

Don't forget those heater tees ASAP
Thanks. PO did these when he replaced the radiator about a year ago. I'll keep a close eye on them though.

Thanks for that. This will be really helpful for sure.

Congrats! As a former XJ Cherokee owner (the original Citron green aka monkey vomit green) then 4 runner 3rd gen, I think you will enjoy the move to the 100 series. Glad to see PO already replaced radiator and heater tees for you, a good sign that PO maintained the cruiser. Stay stock for longer than you want is my advice so you can truly see its abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom