moving the gas pedal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ever moved the gas pedal for a little more leg room? I'm 6'2" and after about 2hrs driving my leg starts to cramp. Looks like there is room to move it to the left which would allow for a more comfortable leg position. I am concerned about screwing up the linkage and the way the whole thing operates, as well as my size 12's hitting the brake pedal. One of these days I'll put in different seats, which may get me back a little further, but I still need to reach the wheel with my arms. So, can the pedal be moved, or do I just quit whining and drive?

I guess it could be moved over but you're talking some major work. Easier to just move the seat back.

I'd say just keep driving, and the cramps will eventualy go away after your legs get used to it. I am also 6"2 and had the problem for the 1st week when i first got my cruiser.

I have to second moving the seat back or fabing new rails so that it will travel back farther for you but still up for someone else.

yup, my 60 bothered me as well when I 1st got it, my foot would cramp up, but soon my foot got use to it and its just fine now.

so I say drive it a bit......it will prolly not be an issue after awhile. Kinda like driving a 40, lift foot off(not just over) from the gas to the brake......kinda wierd, but soon its 2nd nature.

I like the rails idea. Cheap, effective

I used a Lokar billet pedal, air chiseled the stock stop off, & hooked it to my Vortec's stock throttle bracket. I think you could adapt one to the stock linkage behind the carb by using a socket end fitting on the cable. The pedal has different pickup points for various travels of carb linkage.

I can stretch out now. Also modified a LS-450 dead pedal to match the gas pedal. You'd probably want to lower the brake (& clutch) pedal(s). I lowered my brake, moved it over, & added a Lokar '55 Chevy manual brake pedal to match the gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom