Moving the coolant overflow bottle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone moved their coolant overflow bottle in a 1hdt/1hdft 80?
I'm thinking that right side area in front of the battery would be a great place to put my winch solenoid and other electrics seeing as the main battery for accessories is right there.
Can you see any issues doing that? - I'd need to create a 180 bend in the hose as per the green line and move the slide on bracket but otherwise seems straight forward.
IMG_4731.jpeg

I dont see a problem, the 7* series have the bottle in that approximate position. Keeping it the same height is probably important. I would get a new spout welded to the radiator filler and avoid the hose bend.

Cool thanks. I'd hopefully like to get away without modifying the radiator spout and just live with the bend for a while

Maybe you can find a pre bent hose

Wish I saw this thread before, i’m in the same boat! Did you ever manage to move the bottle? I need the room for my aux battery electronics. I’m kind of obsesive for that “oem” look so would love to move it to in front of the main battery almost as a mirror of how the tank originally sits. I’ve seen a 6mm gates silicone hose that seems to be the right id for it but been also debating how to make the “horseshoe” fitting/hose turn. I tried finding barbed fittings but no luck so far. Please share your setup if you did 👌🏻

Wish I saw this thread before, i’m in the same boat! Did you ever manage to move the bottle? I need the room for my aux battery electronics. I’m kind of obsesive for that “oem” look so would love to move it to in front of the main battery almost as a mirror of how the tank originally sits. I’ve seen a 6mm gates silicone hose that seems to be the right id for it but been also debating how to make the “horseshoe” fitting/hose turn. I tried finding barbed fittings but no luck so far. Please share your setup if you did 👌🏻

i specialize in over flow bottles and pre-bent hoses

1648980934813.png

1648980963818.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom