Moving PS reservoir (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fireball

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone come up with a slick way to move the ps fluid reservoir inboards a few inches? Just enough to clear up some space to mount my compressor. Should still be able to use the lines just push it closer to the engine cover by about 2-3"

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

Search for dual battery with AHC. This has been done by someone wanting a second battery and keeping the AHC.

I have a post here on moving PS reservoir for 2nd battery, but you will have to search I don't have a link.

I put a compressor tank there and simply removed bolts from the ps mount to leave one good one. Basically swung it around 180 degrees toward the engine. I was going to fabricate a plate to attach another bolt, but that was about 80,000 miles ago and I have not had any problems. It is just a reservoir and as long as it stays upright you are good.

BTW, are you putting the compressor behind the airbox? I have a Vaiar continuous duty compressor that fits nicely between the headlight and air filter. That leaves the rest of the space near the PS reservoir free for bigger items. In my case a 1.5 gallon air tank and manifolds.

I have the mid size arb compressor. Was going to mount it between aux battery and air box.

I probably should've mounted it to the aux battery holder like others did but I used that space for my t-max solenoid, aux battery fuse and rear sub panel breaker.

Last edited:
image.jpg

image.jpg

I completed this last night. Ended up drilling a hole in the bracket so that the setup could be moved as close to the engine cover as possible. And also had to flatten out the one lip/leg of the bracket so it didn't hit the wheel well metal. I had to cut maybe 3-4" off of the hoses.

After doing this as described above, I just saw another option here from @Bretthn who moved it just behind the pass headlight. This is a good option too, and clears it out of the area completely. Did you have to get new hoses or are those the stock ones rerouted ? My only reserve with moving it up there is that I might use that space for my winch control box.

file_zps43a8d6ea.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom