Moving out of country! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Archie 1962 FJ25

Autocrat
Threads
OK Guy's!

I will be moving out of country by mid Jan. 2006. Although this decision is tough but cant help it. I will be setteling down in New Zealand. And yes I will be taking my precious FJ25 with me. :grinpimp:

But B4 reaching to New Zealand I will be in India for Couple of months, and if you guy's are interested I can help you out in terms of getting soft tops made from India. :cheers: I know the guys there in my city who can do it, and believe me it will be far cheeper then getting it done here. They can make bows too if the pattern is available, but shipping wise it will not be cost effective.

I own one WWII Ford GPW 1943 in India. Its in the family for last 29 yrs and gone thru complete restoration twice since then, and these are the speciality guys who made Bows and soft tops for it.

Let me know what else I can get you from there, I can think of many different small brackets, OEM style seat covers, OEM Style Ebrake / TC boot etc.

I myself looking for early style driver seat brackets (Taller ones), rear type A style bow brackets, I dont have pattern for them but if you guys can provide me I can get it made there and ship it back here. Small things wont be an issue.

All they need is pattern and you get exact replica of your product.

Meanwhile Please help me out in obtaining parts for my FJ25 its a early 1959 Type A style soft top but registered in 1962. I dont think so I can find anything in New Zealand.

Regards,

Archie!

Last edited:
where in NZ?

Well, we'll have our first international member of The FJ25 Owners Group! :D

Archie, I've seen some early stuff come from NZ.........you may be shipping a lot of things.

I will be looking for sheep skin cover for my 80. ;)

You lucky bastard! I spent one month there backpacking and exploring with my wife.

I have heard that it is not easy to establish residency in NZ. They don't want just anybody coming there, eating there apples and meat pies.

Good luck to you and enjoy a truly wonderful country.

80me said:
I will be looking for sheep skin cover for my 80. ;)

You lucky bastard! I spent one month there backpacking and exploring with my wife.

I have heard that it is not easy to establish residency in NZ. They don't want just anybody coming there, eating there apples and meat pies.

Good luck to you and enjoy a truly wonderful country.

Thanks!

I havent been there yet, though I have travelled and Lived almost everywhere in this world except for Asia Pacific & Gulf. But I have heard the same comments about NZ from everyone who has been there. So I am really excited about the fact that we (Me & My Wife) chose the right place for settelling down.

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Well, we'll have our first international member of The FJ25 Owners Group! :D

Archie, I've seen some early stuff come from NZ.........you may be shipping a lot of things.

Thanks Jim

Atleast This will be some kind of first for me in this forum. :D
I feel honored now apart from feeling like a newbie in Land Cruisers world and specially in front of all you LC Geeks. :grinpimp:

Hubcaps, carbs, tailgates, hucaps, carbs, tailgates, hubcaps, carbs, tailgates, 16" rims, hubcaps, tailgates....carbs

I heard that they got 16'" rims on 45s and 60s and 70s, I was thinking a set for my FJ60 would be nice, but you never know what you will find....I know when the 25s and 40s came to the U.S. the first thing alot of new owners did was chuck the stock 1bbl in favor of a GM thingy, maybe the Kiwis didn't throw em as far?

Just keep an eye out and don't forget us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom