Moving Heater Lines... What's the direction of Flow? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
chrisbromptonphotography.com
Could someone look at this diagram and tell me if this is the right way for me to do this ... Sans Rear Heater?

Take Line 2, Remove the T-fitting, and connect it to Line 4.
Remove Line 1 and Cap it at both ends and Cap off T-fitting.

Will this work?

What is everyone's opinion on the rear heaters? Should I keep it? Mine leaks a bit. But then again so does my main heater. Its nice when I have people in the back in the winter. But then again, That's not very often.
IMG_0264a.jpg

Your diagram has the flow reversed through the main heater core, it gets flow from the cylinder head (line 5) and returns it through line 4.

I don't have my rear heater hooked up. It doesn't have enough heat in winter. I'd keep the rear heater if possible.

I'd leave the rear heater hooked up too, it helps get the whole vehicle warm in the winter ;)

Why do you need to re-route or move the lines? I had to do mine because I used the water lines for my turbo, but I didn't think you'd have to do any re-routing if not utilizing them...

@ BC40
That's interesting, That means that you cannot have heat on in the back if its not on in the front. And here I thought Toyota was 20 years ahead of the game with "climate control"! Ha.

@ Mainlander
I have to move the main one because the t-fitting is in the way of the exhaust (see the attached photo). I have to move the rear heater one because its in the way of the compressor inlet.

@ Jzilla
I think for simplicity's sake right now I will just disconnect the rear heat as I don't have a lot of time left if I want to get this Turbo done before the long weekend.

If any of you 3 are free on Tuesday or Wednesday next week I'm sure I could use a hand with a few things as my tools are limited to a socket set, a few wrenches, a drill and a hacksaw. But My ARB fridge is always full of beer. :beer::cheers:
IMG_0268.jpg
IMG_0266.jpg

Thanks for the offer. I've spoke with my x-mechanic neighbor he said he would come by and help me with the oil pan and welding of the bung and the exhaust etc. Thanks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom