Moving big crap ideas or help needed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone move a pool table before? I know, I could just pay the 200-300 bucks for a professional, but nah, I am stubborn. I already got it to my house, but need to get it to the den. It is very heavy. so we put it in garage for now. Yeah I could take it apart, but putting back together could be even more of a pain. So any ideas to move it out of the garage and through the front door and set up?

Usually they are made with 3-4 pieces of slate for the table. These pieces are waxed together so no seam exists. If you can remove the legs and move it inside without upsetting the seals you are good to go. Otherwise pay to have it done right if you need to tear it apart.
G

You gotta take the legs off for sure...
As Graham said, you have to be really careful though, it is easily screwed up!

Daisy

Usually they are made with 3-4 pieces of slate for the table. These pieces are waxed together so no seam exists. If you can remove the legs and move it inside without upsetting the seals you are good to go. Otherwise pay to have it done right if you need to tear it apart.
G

Yup, I did my homework before I bought. That is the reason I do not want to take it apart, with the exception of the legs. The problem is putting it on it's side and balancing it with the weight. I have not weighed it, but with inch and a quater slate and 3/4" wood, that thing is maybe at least six hundred puinds. I need to engineer (any of those out there) some sort of "dolly" to move that SOB on it's side to fit through the front door.

You gotta take the legs off for sure...
As Graham said, you have to be really careful though, it is easily screwed up!

Daisy

So you offering help or repeating what G said. Come on big guy, put ypur guns to the test.

Wouldn't two furniture dollys help out in this instance?

Wouldn't two furniture dollys help out in this instance?

Done and done. That is how we got it out of his house and onto the trailer. it was still a biotch with four able bodies.

Build another garage and convert the current garage into a man-cave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom