Moving and the FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I will be offline for a few days while we move and get settled into the new place. We still have to set up an apartment or house and then get internet set back up. So it is going to take some time before I can get back on. Last time we set DSL up it took about a month before they got us connected. I might go with cable modem.

As for the 55. We are all stock with 235's. So I hope to get at least 14mpg highway. Wont be going over 65mpg. We rented a huge 22 foot Penske truck. Dwarfs the pig. I will keep a log of miles and fuel used so we can get an average. Anyway I got to get going. I have to play mule and load all the heavy stuff.

take it easy
dave

Good luck, I recenly moved to PA and pulled a small trailer with my 55, 350, soa, 36's.... looked kinda funny going down the road but did quite well.... I would venture a 12 MPG rate with my pig :)

Wayneraintree said:
Good luck, I recenly moved to PA and pulled a small trailer with my 55, 350, soa, 36's.... looked kinda funny going down the road but did quite well.... I would venture a 12 MPG rate with my pig :)
lol....when i moved to colorado, i pulled a 5x8 uhaul behind my 6" lifted 40...got to town and couldn't get the door open because everything had shifted against it from the angle it was running...trailer definitely needed an soa.

nuclearlemon said:
lol....when i moved to colorado, i pulled a 5x8 uhaul behind my 6" lifted 40...got to town and couldn't get the door open because everything had shifted against it from the angle it was running...trailer definitely needed an soa.

funny you mentioned it... I am loooking into springing my trailer over.... a friend did it and now he can pull it through moderate trails. ... also to continue the 'jack.... I have seen some scary-long homebrew drop hitches for lifted rigs to low trailers.... :eek:

hi all... well we just finished with our final exams. Moving truck is all packed and ready to go. Pig is packed for the trip. We just need to fuel up and we are off. Im at the hotel still. They have wireless access and I kept the iBook out just incase. Thanks to everyone wishing us a safe trip. Any FJ55 owners (minus Brian cause we already know him) that are in or around the Cheyenne Wyoming area let us know. Would like to get a gathering and link up. Ofcourse other cruisers are welcome too.

thanks
dave

MiniPigg said:
hi all... well we just finished with our final exams. Moving truck is all packed and ready to go. Pig is packed for the trip. We just need to fuel up and we are off. Im at the hotel still. They have wireless access and I kept the iBook out just incase. Thanks to everyone wishing us a safe trip. Any FJ55 owners (minus Brian cause we already know him) that are in or around the Cheyenne Wyoming area let us know. Would like to get a gathering and link up. Ofcourse other cruisers are welcome too.

thanks
dave

I'm about an hour from Cheyenne in Greeley, CO...

MiniPigg said:
hi. Any FJ55 owners (minus Brian cause we already know him) that are in or around the Cheyenne Wyoming area let us know. Would like to get a gathering and link up. Ofcourse other cruisers are welcome too.

thanks
dave
denver's only a couple hours away

heck...greeley smells good to me...ever been to commerce city...we got refineries, the stock show, purina and a rendering plant :D

hey all...

well we made it to Cheyenne alive. Pig ran great. Had to stop in Idaho about an hour from Utah due to running hot. As soon as we got out of the scrotching heat running hot was no longer an issue. We stayed around 65mph and averaged about 14mpg. I didnt have the new stereo installed so the kids got tired of hearing me sing.
Anyway we found a place to stay on the first day. I know have internet access. I also desmogged the pig. Still has the egr stuff on until I get around to removing it. But no air pump and I still need to remove the air rail and plug it.
Anyone remember what the specs are for the brass plug for the air rail holes in the head?

Still getting used to the higher elevation. Well... I think Im going to take another nap. Talk more later....

Oh and those 55's in the area.... after I get settled in we need to have some sorta pig run. How many pigs are in the area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom