Moved to the PNW! Need wrenching buddies and new parts dealer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just moved to Boise, ID from Virginia. The LC did wonderfully on the trip but now I need to find a new source for parts. I was ordering from toyotaonlineparts.com (McGeorge Toyota in VA) but i'm assuming a closer dealer/parts supplier will be better for shipping costs. Any suggestions would be appreciated as its time for new bearings and CVs.....

Also, would love to meet some Boise area LC owners! Looking forward to hitting all the trails the NW has to offer.

Cheers

wow, no replies, guess you should have moved to Texas, plenty of friendly people here........

I'm in the Puyallup/Tacoma area of Washington, a bit too far for wrenching but welcome to the PNW!!!

I’m in Southern Oregon and still order from McGeorge or Camelback, I usually price check both with shipping. Still both are cheaper than anywhere local. Camelback is a bit more usually but free shipping above a certain total (maybe $150 I forget) so it often works out a little better for bigger items.

I just moved to Boise, ID from Virginia. The LC did wonderfully on the trip but now I need to find a new source for parts. I was ordering from toyotaonlineparts.com (McGeorge Toyota in VA) but i'm assuming a closer dealer/parts supplier will be better for shipping costs. Any suggestions would be appreciated as its time for new bearings and CVs.....

Also, would love to meet some Boise area LC owners! Looking forward to hitting all the trails the NW has to offer.

Cheers
Welcome to Boise. I'm west of Kuna, just over the Ada / Canyon county line.

No deals I've seen on parts at either Peterson Lexus/Toyota in Boise or Tom Scott Toyota in Nampa...I use them for fluids (AHC and coolant) since the price is merely OK and freight is spendy if you order on line. For other stuff, I usually go online.

THE best place to take your truck if it's something beyond what you'd like to wrench yourself is LTS Motors ltsmotors.com in Boise. Cory and Brian there do outstanding work and less $$ than either of the local dealers.

Hth and make sure you're ready for a bit of snow. ;) Again, welcome and lemme' know if you need more info on the area.

Steve

Last edited:
wow, no replies, guess you should have moved to Texas, plenty of friendly people here........

Haha agreed... Maybe all the Boise LCs are out exploring... maybe? haha

I'm in the Puyallup/Tacoma area of Washington, a bit too far for wrenching but welcome to the PNW!!!

Nice! That's a beautiful area over there. If you're ever down around Boise give me a shout! We should organize a meet-up for NW LCs sometime!

I’m in Southern Oregon and still order from McGeorge or Camelback, I usually price check both with shipping. Still both are cheaper than anywhere local. Camelback is a bit more usually but free shipping above a certain total (maybe $150 I forget) so it often works out a little better for bigger items.

Thanks for the tip. Hadn't come across Camelback yet so I'll check it out before ordering parts for bearings and CV overhaul.

No deals I've seen on parts at either Peterson Lexus/Toyota in Boise or Peterson Lexus in Nampa...I use them for fluids (AHC and coolant) since the price is merely OK and freight is spendy if you order on line. For other stuff, I usually go online.

THE best place to take your truck if it's something beyond what you'd like to wrench yourself is LTS Motors ltsmotors.com in Boise. Cory and Brian there do outstanding work and less $$ than either of the local dealers.

Hth and make sure you're ready for a bit of snow. ;)

Steve

Perfect! Thanks a lot! I'm gonna call them up today.

also... I see you're in a 2013... I've been thinking about a 200 myself but all the technology and the repair of said technology and gadgets scares me. Have you had any major issues with it yet?

Haha agreed... Maybe all the Boise LCs are out exploring... maybe? haha
The LX is at work with :princess:. The Land Cruiser is parked as I'm wrenching on a large Kubota tractor changing fluids.

We lived in Flower Mound, TX for 15 years (wasn't born there but I got there as quick as I could ;))...definitely great people and we found the same in Boise when we got here in 2002.

Steve

Perfect! Thanks a lot! I'm gonna call them up today.

also... I see you're in a 2013... I've been thinking about a 200 myself but all the technology and the repair of said technology and gadgets scares me. Have you had any major issues with it yet?
You can tell them that Steve in Kuna sent you.

I bought the LC in the fall of 2015. Spent about a month searching for a used 200 and found mine FS at a Porsche / Audi dealer in Spokane. Negotiated a good price by phone and caught a 6am flight from Boise the next day. Test drove the truck for about an hour, maintenance records were outstanding. Stopped by US Bank and got a check on the way back to the dealer. Drove her home that afternoon. No issues, knock wood.

Are you in Boise itself, or somewhere else near by?

When I did my bearings I ordered the kit that Cruiser Outfitters sells. I would highly recommend going that route. Great company and great products

Cruiser Outfitters kits are on this page about halfway down

No deals I've seen on parts at either Peterson Lexus/Toyota in Boise or Tom Scott Toyota in Nampa...I use them for fluids (AHC and coolant) since the price is merely OK and freight is spendy if you order on line. For other stuff, I usually go online.

Hth and make sure you're ready for a bit of snow. ;) Again, welcome and lemme' know if you need more info on the area.

Steve

Steve - another huge thanks for recommending LTS. I just talked with Cory. Super professional, knew exactly what he was talking about, and the price was significantly less than the dealer. I love wrenching but until I have my garage set-up from the move, it feels great to find a pro I can trust.

You can tell them that Steve in Kuna sent you.

I bought the LC in the fall of 2015. Spent about a month searching for a used 200 and found mine FS at a Porsche / Audi dealer in Spokane. Negotiated a good price by phone and caught a 6am flight from Boise the next day. Test drove the truck for about an hour, maintenance records were outstanding. Stopped by US Bank and got a check on the way back to the dealer. Drove her home that afternoon. No issues, knock wood.

Are you in Boise itself, or somewhere else near by?

That sounds like a great day! I'm in Boise proper. Right off of State St near Whitewater Park Blvd.

When I did my bearings I ordered the kit that Cruiser Outfitters sells. I would highly recommend going that route. Great company and great products

I did the same thing when I repacked the 100's front wheels...be aware though that LTS works with OEM parts only...they'll work with parts you bring in with the truck, but they want to see Toyota part numbers on the bag or box. I'd suggest calling first if the CO parts are non-'Yota.

That sounds like a great day! I'm in Boise proper. Right off of State St near Whitewater Park Blvd.
Good neighborhood...best friend and his wife live on Jordan Street.

Good neighborhood...best friend and his wife live on Jordan Street.
I'm on 31st just two blocks away. Small world. If you're ever in the neighborhood swing on by! You'll see the green machine. Hard to miss... :)

I will be a Boise resident in 34 days... lots of cruisers in the area. I've seen many 60s, 80s, 100s. One guy had an 80 and a 45 parked in front of his house - nice!

I am selling my last cruiser right now, but will be looking for a nice 100/200.... or do I buy back my old LX450? Decisions, decisions!

I will be a Boise resident in 34 days... lots of cruisers in the area. I've seen many 60s, 80s, 100s. One guy had an 80 and a 45 parked in front of his house - nice!

I am selling my last cruiser right now, but will be looking for a nice 100/200.... or do I buy back my old LX450? Decisions, decisions!
Welcome to Boise...outstanding screen name, btw. ;)

This:

I was about to write the same post. They have the parts packaged as a kit for the whole job and are very helpful on the phone to get you what you need. I just did bearing job and it worked out great. If you have questions, Kurt is usually fast to reply: @cruiseroutfit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom