mouse proofing my lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone have some good ideas to mouse proof my lx450. they keep getting into my air box, and its driving me nuts. it is usually better when i can keep the hood up but sometimes the wind shuts it. i usually fire it up 4 to 5 times a year when i go to my place in colorado.

anyone have some good ideas to mouse proof my lx450. they keep getting into my air box, and its driving me nuts. it is usually better when i can keep the hood up but sometimes the wind shuts it. i usually fire it up 4 to 5 times a year when i go to my place in colorado.
Fabric softener sheets, put them in multiple places under the hood, put near the intake snorkel and I put them under the dash and seats also.

There are electronic devices that are good under the hood and in the cab that I hear work and don't cause too much drain on the battery

Only way to stop the mice is to reduce the population

Mousetrap of mass destruction

You can substitute non toxic antifreeze for northern winter climates

Fabric softener sheets, put them in multiple places under the hood, put near the intake snorkel and I put them under the dash and seats also.
This! I have Bounce dryer sheets stashed all over my '72 BMW when parked. Prior I found some nesting under the rear seat void, but now there's nothing - and a bonus, it smells great in there!

Feral cats are the best way to deal with rodents, but you have to give them shelter and a water source.

Dryer sheets may not work as it sounds like the OP’s LX is kept outdoors.
Works for campers stored outside so can’t see why🤷‍♂️

Works for campers stored outside so can’t see why🤷‍♂️
Agreed. My spot:
Screenshot_20230710-131047~2.png

Hell I think I have more mice in my garage than I do outside...

Fresh cab is a product I use its little bag of peppermint smelling potpourri that is to repel mice. It works. Occasionally I put peppermint oil on the bags which I get at the health food store

Bars of Irish Spring soap has worked for me. 365 X 24/7.

With the plastic intake piece, I drilled small holes in a cross hatch pattern and inserted wire pieces through them in my Hawaii pickup to keep rats from crawling through there to get at the air cleaner. So far it’s worked, though perhaps more importantly I’ve been conscientious about controlling their numbers with traps.
Also, I put mothballs in the engine compartment with the hopes this will keep them away from wiring. Sounds like the fabric softeners/ dryer sheets might be even better.

A buddy of mine had a pack rat crawl up inside his Bentley parked at the hangar where he kept his stuff. It chewed through the wiring harness to the engine, which required a tow to the stealership, a $10k expense for a new wiring harness and labor because they had to pull the engine. I cringed, but he laughed.

I asked how he could be laughing and he said he was just glad the pack rat didn't get into the MD520 NOTAR helicopter parked next to the Bentley!

He was a big fan of Hav-A-Heart live traps, peanut butter, and a trash can full of water... Irish Spring soap bars are cheaper and faster,

Traps are Cheap and Reusable, set a Reminder on your Phone to Check them.
Empty them with Disposable Gloves or Throw Whole thing away and use new.
Peanut butter is Irresistable.

Agreed. My spot:
View attachment 3370339

Hell I think I have more mice in my garage than I do outside...
I have had success with an ozone generator. I had a car stored for about a year while I was away and apparently it was home for some mice. I brought the car back home and they started to expand their territory into my garage. I used the generator and a day later found dead mice and never had an issue again. IIRC it was under $100 and to boot it get smells out really well. I had a buddy that bought a car that smelled like old lady and cats even after cleaning the carpets and seats but two 40 minutes treatments later it was good.

I have had success with an ozone generator. I had a car stored for about a year while I was away and apparently it was home for some mice. I brought the car back home and they started to expand their territory into my garage. I used the generator and a day later found dead mice and never had an issue again. IIRC it was under $100 and to boot it get smells out really well. I had a buddy that bought a car that smelled like old lady and cats even after cleaning the carpets and seats but two 40 minutes treatments later it was good.
Oh I have a O-Generator- used it to rid the musty/mildew/wet dog smells out of this leaky rig....never thought to unsettle the garage environment with it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom