mounts on bell housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I feel guilty asking so many seemingly stupid questions, but never having seen this cruiser together sometimes makes it hard to do even the simplest things. This time it's the mounts on the bell housing brackets. I know I have the brackets on right, just trying to figure out how to orient the mounts correctly - can't figure out why there are two mounts per side or how they go on, and the diagrams from the manuals/parts books I have don't really help.

Any motor mounts for dummies advice or pics would be great.
Thx.

Thanks - the slave cylinder side works fine - the flange/bracket on the non-slave cylinder side of the bh has some ridges on the top of it, so the topside mount won't fit on. I think this bracket is from a different model cruiser because it also has the mounting holes for the slave cylinder - was there a newer/older or different model of cruiser which had the slave cylinder on the passenger side of the bh?

74fj40 said:
I feel guilty asking so many seemingly stupid questions, but never having seen this cruiser together sometimes makes it hard to do even the simplest things. This time it's the mounts on the bell housing brackets. I know I have the brackets on right, just trying to figure out how to orient the mounts correctly - can't figure out why there are two mounts per side or how they go on, and the diagrams from the manuals/parts books I have don't really help.

Any motor mounts for dummies advice or pics would be great.
Thx.

Sometimes the blow-up pictures in http://www.sor.com/ are more helpful than ones in the FSMs.

74fj40 said:
was there a newer/older or different model of cruiser which had the slave cylinder on the passenger side of the bh?

on my '76 the slave is on the passenger side. It may be a difference between the f and 2f

Not sure if this helps, but I took these yesterday to remember how to put the mounts back on when I took my bellhousing to get hot-tanked. Are these the mounts you are talking about?

Last edited:
Thanks Soul Man - the middle picture is the same bracket I have on the passenger side of my b/h, but my slave cylinder is on the driver side. Yours must be a later model year than mine.
Accoring to the other posts in this thread I should have a motor mount under the bracket and one above it - my question is, with the ridge on the top of that bracket, how do you attach a motor mount to the top?

Soul_Man said:
Not sure if this helps, but I took these yesterday to remember how to put the mounts back on when I took my bellhousing to get hot-tanked. Are these the mounts you are talking about?

Mine is a '78.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom