Mounting toyo MT 315/75/16 on 16x8 wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just received my new tires and brought them to be mounted on my new bling bling rims (16" x 8"). The shop (Tire Kingdom) said they can't do it because the sidewall is too stiff or something. Has anyone with these tires had a shop tell them they won't fit on 16 x 8 wheel? Does it matter if my aftermarket wheels are alloys as opposed to my stock steel wheels? I think they're being a PITA beacuse I didn't buy the wheels or tires from them. Thoughts?

Time for a new shop.

i just received my new tires and brought them to be mounted on my new bling bling rims (16" x 8"). The shop (Tire Kingdom) said they can't do it because the sidewall is too stiff or something. Has anyone with these tires had a shop tell them they won't fit on 16 x 8 wheel? Does it matter if my aftermarket wheels are alloys as opposed to my stock steel wheels? I think they're being a PITA beacuse I didn't buy the wheels or tires from them. Thoughts?

Doesn't matter, some shops won't do it, some will. I've had nothing but 8" wide wheels on ALL my 12.50 wide tires. Including 2 sets of Toyo's.

Here is a picture of my rig with 315 Toyo's on 8" wide wheels.

PDR_3257.jpg

Just find a different shop. :grinpimp:

many have done it.

find a shop that will...

Doesn't matter, some shops won't do it, some will. I've had nothing but 8" wide wheels on ALL my 12.50 wide tires. Including 2 sets of Toyo's.

PDR_3257.jpg

[Slight hijack] Your rig is DEAD SEXY. I think I'm in love. [/Slight hijack]

Got mine through Firestone, (special order), and they mounted and balanced no prob. even though they still don't seem balanced to me.

I like em!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

PDR_3257.jpg

simply ossom looking rig you got there wana trade .......... lol :eek:

Thanks guys. ;) Wife wouldn't let me sell that rig for anything. I think she loves it more than I do! haha!

And there ya go. Straight from Toyo themselves. ;)

find a new shop. :grinpimp:
Nitto 315 003 (Medium).jpg

84runner is your suspension stock? If so do your tires rub?

Yep, stock 10 year old suspension. Tires were rubbing on the way home from the tire shop! Only spot though was the front most portion of the running boards, and only when turning, (i.e. suspension compressing while tire is turning). Note no more running boards!

Just went wheelin a bit this last weekend, just dirt roads mostly, and I was able to get the front tires to rub easily on only one small portion on both sides; the outer most portion of the middle of the fender. Not the fender flare but just inside of that on the edge of the actual fender. These Toyo's are some of the widest 315's out there so I've heard.

Im thinking the 4" Slee lift sitting in my garage will make a difference. As the lift will make the space greater between the axle and the vehicle my thinking is that when the suspension articulates that same tire traveling to the same depth of compression that used to hit the fender will now be farther in the fender. This is because as the tire compresses it also travels inward toward the center of the vehicle. Of course this won't cure bottoming out both sides at the same time. Guess bump stops will be necessary. We'll see if Im right.

Def. find a new shop. I used to mount and balance all of my own tires, and I never ran into that being an issue. Find a different shop that wants the business.

many tire shops won't do larger size tires because of balancing issues (they are idiots and dont' know how to, or they don't have quality enough equipment to balance large tires). do you have a local 4wd shop that can do tires. they usually won't have an issue mounting oversize tires.

I don't know of anyone not running the 315s on an 8" rim on an 80.

Time to find a new tire shop!

Hate to suggest it but walmart mounted and "life time ballanced" a used set of MTR 315's on my stock rims for ~$50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom