Mounting the Snorkel forward of the Carb fan snout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TEakins

Ted
Threads
How are late 40 owners dealing with the snout on the carb fan when installing a snorkel? I am trying to brainstorm this and only losing sleep. So far I have come up with:
1. Extending the horizontal part of my Malaysian snorkel with a black HDPE plastic rectangular oil container modification.
2. Mounting the whole deal 3-4 inches more forward of the windshield.
3. Modifying the snout of the carb fan somehow and re-routing it.

I can't live without a carb fan - been there done that.
Thank you for your thoughts, experiences, or photos.

I'm going to bite on this one. What is a "late model 40?" Pictures of a "Malaysian snorkel?" I honestly have no idea what that would look like, and I've been to Malaysia! Seriously, with this description you can't hope for anything helpful.

A late model 40 is one that has a carb fan. A Malaysian snorkel is the eBay knock off that looks like the Safari Snorkel but without the dumb advertisement on the side.
Thanks for taking the time to bite on my post and your condescension.
BTW, the best solution is to remove the four screws that hold the snout on the carb fan and redirect the output with a flexible hose.

Last edited:
If you have your answer, why ask the question? On my "late model 40" I just got rid of the carb fan because I have never needed it and it is just in the way. Though you claim that you have to have it. Must be the hot Buckeye weather. As far as condescending goes you really have no idea of which you speak.

Hey now I paid extra for that dumb advertising on mine just what are you saying.🤪
FC798845-E403-4E16-B787-99BC58F41F3C.jpeg

Because I just got it figured out last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom