Mounting Shovel inside on liftgate panel - Where to find mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i got this shovel just sitting in the garage, and this extra liftgate interior trim panel that has holes from a directional bar i used to have in the back window.

So heres the question, where can i find some brackets to mount the shovel to the plastic panel? I would have to mount it where it bends as if i put it on the upper part it will hit the glass, and any lower it will hit the lower tailgate when opening.

Also, I think my liftgate supports are starting to wear out, anyone know where I can get HD(higher load capacity) ones that fit?
P4070004.jpg
P4070005.jpg

so i got this shovel just sitting in the garage, and this extra liftgate interior trim panel that has holes from a directional bar i used to have in the back window.

So heres the question, where can i find some brackets to mount the shovel to the plastic panel? I would have to mount it where it bends as if i put it on the upper part it will hit the glass, and any lower it will hit the lower tailgate when opening.

Also, I think my liftgate supports are starting to wear out, anyone know where I can get HD(higher load capacity) ones that fit?

I have been using Quick Fists to store my shovel on the outside for the past 2 1/2 years without issue. Available in different sizes (might even be a MUD vendor that sells them...):

QUICK FIST

just ordered two packs of the original(the one you linked me to) and one of the "mini" for a flashlight somewhere about the vehicle. Cool beans.

thanks!

Those are sweet. Never seen them before?

wow......first reply is PERFECT! The way they mound is EASY!

Just be sure you mount the shovel high enough to clear the lock mechanism, allowing for drop after time of the rubber. If it drops and stops the lock arm from coming out, you will have to get in from the inside to open it. Probably easy for you, but hard if you have a cargo barrier.

never looked into it before to be honest.

100TD, thanks...i may use three mounts since i ordered two packs of them. That or make a nice little iron angle support and bolt that above the lock arm to prevent it from drooping down and blocking it.

The quick fists are great. The large ones work well for fire extinguishers.

They are UV resistant. Many people are using them to mount equipment externally, on the roof rack and such. I don't know if this is a safe long term solution.

Keep this up and you're going to have to take your off-road look off-road. :D

I did take him out once, but then he crawled back into his shell! :D

You should take him out!

But I think the shovel is for the other brown stuff he's always flinging around:D

dog, are you saying your not sure if exterior mounting then is a safe long term or where I was think of mounting it

Many people are using them to mount equipment externally, on the roof rack and such. I don't know if this is a safe long term solution.

Rack I bought from Paul May (Equipt Outfitters) had four of them mounted on it, been outside a long time, still pliable and not cracking.

Rack I bought from Paul May (Equipt Outfitters) had four of them mounted on it, been outside a long time, still pliable and not cracking.

The mounts are UV "resistant". If someone uses them in an EXTERIOR application, I recommend regular inspection to ensure you don't loose a shovel into someones windshield. That's my only concern. Obviously, you check yours:)

The mounts are UV "resistant". If someone uses them in an EXTERIOR application, I recommend regular inspection to ensure you don't loose a shovel into someones windshield. That's my only concern. Obviously, you check yours:)

FWIW: Mine have been on the rear of my 100 for almost 3-years now. I wouldn't say they feel like new but at this rate they don't show any signs of UV cracking and they should easily go another 3-5 years in our heavy UV environment. FYI: In and around Reno is brutal for UV. You don't even want to think about having a wood fence or deck here...unless you're the type of person that just loves to strip and refinish wood surfaces ;)

It certainly is a good thing to bring up though!

well i got the mounts in today. They dont work for where i want to put that shovel as the plastic panel curves too much. I did take one of the right front "oh $#!*" handles off and mounted them in place. Would be nice for a flashlight mount. I'll be giving them to my friend who wanted to mount a shovel on the inside of his tailgate. Quality is great, MADE IN THE USA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom