mounting roof rack to roll cage ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
Spring is around the corner and a high desert trip is planned in April. It will be nice to get the hard top off, but not so nice figuring out how to mount my roof rack to the roll cage.

Post up how you attached your rack to your cage to give me some ideas :)

My rack has little tags, or ears that stick out with a little lip. Set the rack on the roll bar and use hose clamp to attach on four corners.

That way it comes off easy for when the roof comes back on.

heavy duty muffler clamps work also .strong but removable.

Structural pipe fittings

Google "structural pipe fittings"

Don't know that they'll help but they are readily availible in many areas. There seem to be fittings for almost any purpose.

heavy duty muffler clamps work also .strong but removable.

Google "structural pipe fittings"

Don't know that they'll help but they are readily availible in many areas. There seem to be fittings for almost any purpose.

That is a great idea. Thanks for that. I never thought about either one.

I always had the same idea but was too lazy to execute it. I looked at dj lighting clamps that they use on trusses. Some of them can hold a ton of weight and they're easy to mount and dismount.

Something like these.

American DJ Narrow Light Clamp -  Light Mounting Hardware & Clamps -  Lighting Stands & Truss -  Stands -  Accessories -  PSSL.com

Buy American DJ Pro-Clamp Truss Clamp | Lighting Hardware | Musician's Friend

Chauvet CLP-15 2" Pro Truss Clamp - DJdepot.com

Good luck. post up pics if you go through with it.

went to a campout /cook out last weekend and put the "hitch haul" on back of the 40, hauled a lot of firewood and a ice chest, got a "bungie net" and put over the whole deal and worked great. It's another way to haul more gear.

IMG_1517.jpg

pic's made after is was unloaded:frown:

Last edited:
they make roll bar clamps that you can weld to, i will be doing this in a few weeks,

a little pricey but very clean

OR these tabs you can weld right to cage, remove roof and bolt rack to tabs. thats my plan here in a few days,.... scroll down to Trick Tabs

Artec Welding

Search for a guy name "hedonist" here on the boards. He has a really good looking set up on his roll cage.

I have a little 4x4 trailer I bult for the longer camping trips, with 37" tires of course, but I don't pull the trailer that often for weekend trips. I really only use it twice a year, once for a spring cmping trip and then in november for Surf n Turf.

I have a little 4x4 trailer I bult for the longer camping trips, with 37" tires of course, but I don't pull the trailer that often for weekend trips. I really only use it twice a year, once for a spring cmping trip and then in november for Surf n Turf.

pic's............??????

Trick Tabs are da bomb for mounting almost anything to a roll cage.
I don't have any of the mounts for my roof rack but here are a few of my HAM radio mount
DSCN1481.jpg

DSCN1482.jpg

DSCN1264.jpg

This is the truck with the [strikeout]roof*[/strikeout] rack installed.
DSCN1456.jpg

I guess roof is kind of a misnomer in this case. I floored my rack with 3/16 plywood and it takes the place of my bikini top.

pic's............??????

I need to take new ones. Computer crashed with pics. It is nothing special, just a 5x4' box with 37" tires and a long neck with a spare on it. It is founctional for me. Unfortunately, the trailer is over a friends house in storage and will not get it until May.

So I know this is a pretty old thread but maybe I can revive the discussion with 2018 solutions.

I have a Metal Tech Family roll cage. I also just purchased a SOR family Bikini Top (hasn't arrived yet.)

Looking to put a roof rack on that will fit with the top and is removable when needed. The route I am currently thinking is this:

Mounting these on the side of cage:
Yakima Side Loader Bracket, Bolts to the Side of Camper Shells
This is a pretty low profile mount that I think will hide pretty well when no rack is installed.

which will go with these:
1A Raingutter 4 Pack

which will allow me to mount bikes, kayaks, skis or a basket.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom