Mounting options for shovel/axe and or hi lift on stock roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone out there have a good way to mount a shovel to the stock roof rack? I found these Quick fists things on Amazon

Amazon product ASIN B000CQPANY,

but I don't know how well I could trust them on the interstate. I guess I could always zip tie them closed so they didn't slip open at 70 mph. Any other off the shelf things I could clamp to the stock bars that would hold a shovel or axe....maybe a hi-lift eventually ( I don't have a bumper yet so no jack points)

They seem to break down in the weather, or maybe UV? I had a set of quick fists that held a shovel for a season, but didn’t make it to 2. I would not trust them with the weight of a hi-lift, but they did fine with the shovel. If you don’t leave them out like I did, maybe they’d last longer.

Yakima horizontal mighty mounts plus quick fists is what you want. The mighty mounts clamp to the stock cross bars and the quick fists attach using the same bolt that tightens the mighty mounts. Depending on what size fists you use, you might have to drill out the mighty mounts for a larger bolt.

Yakima horizontal mighty mounts plus quick fists is what you want. The mighty mounts clamp to the stock cross bars and the quick fists attach using the same bolt that tightens the mighty mounts. Depending on what size fists you use, you might have to drill out the mighty mounts for a larger bolt.

Thanks man! That's exactly what I was looking for just couldn't find it while googling.

Reactions: BEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom