Mounting of GPS/Sat radio pucks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where are guys mounting their GPS and Sat radio antennas? Inside on the dash? If so, any reception issues?

All the kits seem to come with long cords on the antennas. I was thinking about mounting the antennas on the rear roof with wires exiting via the rear hatch . . .

Can't find much info on this with Search . . .

I've got the GPS on the dash, sitting on a puck. The puck was from a Sirius car install kit. It stuck well and the Garmin suction cup lets go about once every three months. Very happy with that one.

I used the suction cup supplied with the Sirius sat radio control head and tried to make it work sitting on the right side of the shift console, which is barely wide enough for the suction cup. Maybe that's the issue. I could get it where it would only come loose about once a month, then the next time it would start falling over all the time no matter how careful I was.

I ended up drilling a couple of holes in the Sirius suction cup frame assembly. Took the suction cup itself out, then drilled screw holes into the top of the console. Attached with two big screws, it no longer falls over.:doh:

I ran my xm puck wire throught the length of the cab and mounted it outside centered on the back about 3 inches above the lift gate. It seems pretty well protected and dont loss signal as much as i did when i had it mounted on the dash. My rear spoiler mask the puck so you cant see it from the sides or back.

I have both my GPS and my Satellite magnetic antennaes on the roof above the driver and passenger. Gets great reception and hasn't moved for years.

My GPS receiver is on the dash. No problems with reception.

When I installed my Kenwood Nav deck I mounted the puck behind the deck on under the dash on a vent duct. Works perfectly and is completely hidden.

My GPS antenna puck is sitting on the dash, no issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom