Mounting OE Back-Plates to OE 40 Seats

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by G-Cat, Feb 27, 2004.

1. G-Cat

G-Cat SILVER Star

Albums:
    I recently got rid of my butt-bustin' shells (can now be seen in Nolen's 45-buggy) and took, in hock, some OE front seats. The new-to-me seats were recently re-covered in CCOT covers. These completly cover the back of the seats, but I like the OE look of the metal back plates. I have a set ready to install, but need to know:

Is it as simple as mounting them with screws, or are there threaded holes behind the seat cover for bolt-mounting? If so, what size bolts should I use? TIA

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    FWIW 81+ fj40 do not have the metal plates on the back, looks better but I would prefer the metal back as to save the seats from tears and stuff.

If they are the pre 81 seats then I suspect that there are threaded holes. Might take a look at SOR diagrams, would think they would show up.

3. G-Cat

G-Cat SILVER Star

Albums:
    Pimp,

I knew I could count on you to respond. Hadn't thought about SOR. I'll give 'em a try. Thanks-

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.