Mounting locations for ARB remote hose coupling kit. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last200

SILVER Star
Threads
My 2021 gets off the boat around Dec 3 and I’m in the middle of planning ahead. First mod is going to be the ARB dual compressor and I’d like to fit the remote hose coupling kit. I don’t want to have to lift the hood or open rear hatch to air up. And I’m not planning on bumpers for a while.

Has anyone found a good place to mount the bracket? Is it possible to have the coupling come out the grille. I don’t mind any small modifications to the front bumper, anywhere I can drill through and fit bracket behind? I’ll add a pic of where I mounted this in my 4Runner for attention.

0CFE5EB5-240C-449C-B87D-0888C974EA55.jpeg

My 2021 gets off the boat around Dec 3 and I’m in the middle of planning ahead. First mod is going to be the ARB dual compressor and I’d like to fit the remote hose coupling kit. I don’t want to have to lift the hood or open rear hatch to air up. And I’m not planning on bumpers for a while.

Has anyone found a good place to mount the bracket? Is it possible to have the coupling come out the grille. I don’t mind any small modifications to the front bumper, anywhere I can drill through and fit bracket behind? I’ll add a pic of where I mounted this in my 4Runner for attention.

View attachment 2506775
Where did you end up mounting it? Pics?

I got the compressor installed, but waiting for someone to help make the bracket to attach the remote hose coupling bracket to. I’m gonna cut one of the black plastic crossbars next to the front license plate location and mount the bracket on the crash bar. I’ll post pics when complete.
B2CAEE36-6E1B-42B3-BA67-BD7B95DA89A3.jpeg

I can't speak for the ARB fitting, but Wit's End has brackets for an air fitting.

I can't speak for the ARB fitting, but Wit's End has brackets for an air fitting.
I looked at Wits End. All the compressor brackets are sold out, and none would get the fitting in the right position to stick out of the lower grille. I am going to have to make a taller bracket that I can fit the ARB bracket on to so I can get the height and forward position off the crash bar.

I looked at Wits End. All the compressor brackets are sold out, and none would get the fitting in the right position to stick out of the lower grille. I am going to have to make a taller bracket that I can fit the ARB bracket on to so I can get the height and forward position off the crash bar.
File folder material, scissors and an adult beverage or 2 and you're good to go as far as mockup.

A few simple tools an you can make your own bracket.

A rivet tool. A power drill. A regular drill bit the size of your rivets. A step drill bit. A hacksaw. Optional: Rivnut tool.

Buy some three or four inch aluminum plate (1/8") in two feet long. Buy some 2" aluminum angle in two feet long.

Cut the bracket shape from the plate with the hacksaw. If you need to make 90 degrees turns or feet, use the aluminum angle. Aluminum fatigues easily, so don't try to bend it 90deg. Just cut a piece of the angle aluminum and rivet it to the flat piece to make the bend.

If you want to get fancy, you can use a rivnut tool to add threaded holes most anywhere on the rig. Or in your bracket. You can also just rivet the bracket to your rig.

If you want to use mild steel, then you can bend it however you want, but you probably want a vise to hold it, and you have to paint it too.

If you can find 3" aluminum angle, sometimes you can just use that, and you don't even need any assembly, just cut to shape and drill a couple holes.

With the rivet capability, you can also easily make compound angles that would be hard to bend.

8EBDDC7B-6A17-4718-A321-D59C79EE2728.jpeg

A few simple tools an you can make your own bracket.

A rivet tool. A power drill. A regular drill bit the size of your rivets. A step drill bit. A hacksaw. Optional: Rivnut tool.

Buy some three or four inch aluminum plate (1/8") in two feet long. Buy some 2" aluminum angle in two feet long.

Cut the bracket shape from the plate with the hacksaw. If you need to make 90 degrees turns or feet, use the aluminum angle. Aluminum fatigues easily, so don't try to bend it 90deg. Just cut a piece of the angle aluminum and rivet it to the flat piece to make the bend.

If you want to get fancy, you can use a rivnut tool to add threaded holes most anywhere on the rig. Or in your bracket. You can also just rivet the bracket to your rig.

If you want to use mild steel, then you can bend it however you want, but you probably want a vise to hold it, and you have to paint it too.

If you can find 3" aluminum angle, sometimes you can just use that, and you don't even need any assembly, just cut to shape and drill a couple holes.

With the rivet capability, you can also easily make compound angles that would be hard to bend.

View attachment 2603532

I love me some aluminum angle and extrusions. I've got a whole stash in the garage and I like to pickup remnants from the local metal supply. Exactly as you say. The stuff is infinitely workable like wood with basic tools. Rivets and rivet tools great. I'd add a good tap and die set as the 1/4" and thicker aluminum holds bolts well.

Just ran a remote air port on my 5th gen. Mounted it to the metal upper grill frame support. Took a little bit of trimming to get it to work. But very pleased with the outcome!
IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0981.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom