Mounting Bike Rack on LX Factory Hitch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does the bolt pattern on this look like it would fit?

Amazon product ASIN B06Y1CT85P

Shouldn't the tube portion slide inside the hitch and not hang outside? If it hangs outside then the entire weight of the receiver and the bike rack will sit on the four bolts. Not a sound design in my opinion. You need a receiver that slides into the hitch.

My $0.02.

The piece you're calling the hitch isn't a hitch (or receiver), it's just a square hole cut in the crossmember. Either design puts the weight on the 4 bolts, one the tube (receiver) goes into the hole in the xmember, the other it sticks out.

And yes, as someone pointed out earlier, you should chase those threads to see if you can even get a bolt to thread into them.

The piece you're calling the hitch isn't a hitch (or receiver), it's just a square hole cut in the crossmember. Either design puts the weight on the 4 bolts, one the tube (receiver) goes into the hole in the xmember, the other it sticks out.

And yes, as someone pointed out earlier, you should chase those threads to see if you can even get a bolt to thread into them.

Thanks for this explanation. I did not know the LX hole in the bumper is not an actual hitch but a hole in the crossmember. Toyota/Lexus, however, still claims this setup can tow 5000 lbs. They must have tested this setup with that much weight but your point is very much valid. I learned something new today.

Anyone going to mention that the OPs threads looks so rusted out he may not even be able to thread anything through them to get the OEM hitch bolted on?
1664505967682.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom