Mounting a Sag steering pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

desertdude

SILVER Star
Threads
I had bought another 2F motor and rebuilt it. On my old 2F set-up the smog pump was there and the Sag power steering pump all nicely mounted. I have 2 sets of brackets and none of them in any combo will work. ( should have taken photos) So...Now without the smog pump, I kinda bolted it on the smog pump bracket, but it an't right. I can see there are many ways to get the pump set-up. I would like to see a few pic's to get an idea of what everyone is doing.

Thanks

A pic for you....

Poser, what pulley are you runnung on that pump?
Thanks,
Ed

...and how does the pully actually come off. I see the allen wrench fitting inside. Not sure what else I need to remove it.

1980 volvo 240 dl will have a pulley the same width as the tlc stuff. Chop the front off the smog pump mount on the block leaving only the rear mounting point. This will let the pump rotate up and towards the block keeping it level. Knock the brass sleeve out of that hole. Use the smog pump tensioning arm to mount to the front face of the smog pump. You'll have to pull the bolt that holds the tensioning arm to the water pump out, and move the arm in front of the spacer instead of behind it. Mount the lower right rear hole of the pump to the bracket on the block. You're done...

Hey Chef, when you go the salvage yard, I assume you need to buy the whole pump then wrestle the pulley off at home?
Seems like it would be easier to pull the whole pump rather than try to pull the pulley off in the yard???
My kid is still menacing the streets of Columbia, but not in the '40. Be Careful!
Ed Long ;)

Get a pulley puller and pull it off.
--------------------------------------------
it is that easy eh? Why is there an allen opening in the shaft ? inquiring minds need to know :banana:

[quote author=Degnol link=board=1;threadid=8516;start=msg73454#msg73454 date=1071006714]
Hey Chef, when you go the salvage yard, I assume you need to buy the whole pump then wrestle the pulley off at home?
Seems like it would be easier to pull the whole pump rather than try to pull the pulley off in the yard???
My kid is still menacing the streets of Columbia, but not in the '40. Be Careful!
Ed Long ;)
[/quote]

Earleir Volvo 420 dl has a saginaw pump, no need to remove the pulley:) Later ones have some funky rotary pump, the break is in the mid to late 80's somehwere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom