Mounting a FJ60 Power Steering Pump On an early 2F (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

doesn't use the head bolts, 1 on the front of the block and 2under the manifold

DSCF2367.JPG

DSCF2368.JPG

DSCF2369.JPG

DSCF2370.JPG

We installed the exact set up on Doc Mikes 55 that you sold him.

If you can get your eyes on it you can look at the bracket and how we did it.

I am sending you a video of it but it’s hard to see the bracket itself
If you guy make the bracket and arm that i can mount a fj60 pump in the lower smog position, then i am very interested.

Well..... i could not find a kit to put an FJ60 pump in an early 2F engine.

If i tried using the later model smog pump bracket then the pulley interfere with shock tower and the pump is very tilted.

I talked to my brother on this and yesterday he built a custom bracket from the smog pump and powersteering bracket and a custom idler hanging off the alternator bracket from a 3F FJ80 to make it work .
20200629_120230.jpg
20200629_120224.jpg
20200629_120325.jpg
20200629_113326.jpg

When building my 2fe, I had near every accessory and bracket for a f series engine sitting on the bench.

I found using a 3fe alternator and power steering pump is the best option. It even avoids using the 3 holes usually used for the power steering pump.

img_9553-jpg.1171422

Last edited:
I do like the 3fe concept, but it means I need to chainge (extend) the lengths my wiring to my alternator and I need to run power steering lines to the opposite side of the engine. I don't thing the either is a game changer, but for the 2-3 hrs it took my brother make it for me....and for free parts he had laying around, its worth the price
;)

I am trying to figure out why my bracket for my power steering pump will not line up correctly.
I could be wrong but I think the bracket you show is for an FJ62 that mounts power steering high on the passenger side with AC compressor low. So it should line up on the other side of the engine.

28D09E80-B287-454C-AACC-0A35CF832B05.png

I did what GRM did as I borrowed the knowledge from his build thread. Many Thanks! I would like to add that in addition to the 62 pump, I used the 62 hard lines that run under the radiator. I had to have to have some custom high pressure hoses made as the original 62 hoses were close but had the wrong indexing of the ends. Mine is a 74 so the alternator was already on the drivers side. Some of the hoses and hard lines are available from toyota (but expensive) for this configuration as it was used in areas of the world where smog pumps did not warrant the moving of the alternator to the passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom