Mountain Rendezvous (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will also be up there on Friday. I think "check in" is noon so I will probably roll in soon thereafter. If you can save some space that will be great!

Oh - good to know - I'll double check the Portal thread on this. I may be able to sleep in! :bounce:

Edit: Confirmed the noon check in. Glad you said something!

Last edited:
Oh - good to know - I'll double check the Portal thread on this. I may be able to sleep in! :bounce:

Edit: Confirmed the noon check in. Glad you said something!

Good deal...I will see you there around noon or so. Maybe we can agree to monitor Keller Peak ( 146.385 + PL. 146.2)?

Mtn Redv

Brent - What are your thoughts on trying to get there right at noon and trying to claim the camp/fire ring area in the upper right hand corner of the photo (across from "Doc's camp)?

MountainRendezvous-Copy.jpg

Brent - What are your thoughts on trying to get there right at noon and trying to claim the camp/fire ring area in the upper right hand corner of the photo (across from "Doc's camp)?

MountainRendezvous-Copy.jpg

I'm ok with that or the lower part on the pic labeled 'upper camp' and the fire ring there. Only potential drawback is that it's close to Barton Flats Road.

We're out:mad:

Brentbba said:
I'm ok with that or the lower part on the pic labeled 'upper camp' and the fire ring there. Only potential drawback is that it's close to Barton Flats Road.

Yep I agree about the upper camp being so close to the road. Might not be the best spot.

Any interest in hitting the Offroad Expo in Pomona on the way home Sunday?

Since I wasn't able to get Fri/Sat off and my normal days off are Sun/Mon, the family and I will be there.

Hope to see some others there.

Any interest in hitting the Offroad Expo in Pomona on the way home Sunday?

How good/bad is the parking since I'll have my trailer with me if I stop by.

Last time I went, 2010, it was fine. If I remember correctly it would be fine for a trailer if they allowed you to park a bit farther away. But then again that was 2010.

TACODOC let me know that Zach from Overland Gourmet would be at Moutain Rendezvous with his trailer and Howling Moon trailer top tent.

The guys from Bundugear are going to be at the offroad expo, but did confirm that they would not have their trailer tent on display this year due to it's size for the space they have. Understandable. That was my #1 reason for wanting to go. Less of a reason now, but might still...who knows. We'll see how early I can bug out Sunday from camp.

Yep I agree about the upper camp being so close to the road. Might not be the best spot.

Hey Brent...Did you/we land on what spot we want to try to stake a claim on? Again, i anticipate getting up there right at noon so i can do my best to find a spot. I am guessing there might be 5-6 trucks/trailers. If not we can just wing it and see what happens....I am fine with that also. Maybe in the center of camp where there appear to be some large trees (just s/o overland gourmet and w/o the main fire pit)?

Last edited:
I'm ok with either spot. Despite being closer to the road, I'm somewhat concerned about the potential for a loud/late party if we're up by TACODOC's spot.

I'm shooting for a noon arrival as well. Dont' remember, where are you coming from? Want to meet somewhere?

What time are you guys heading out?

9:30-10:00 for me as well from Laguna Niguel out the 91 to the 10 to the 38 and up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom