Mountain Passes Off-road Mini-Max Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven’t read through this post yet just skimmed and looked at photos.
What do you have supporting the swing out while closed and latched?
Eventually the U bolt on the latch will sheer off and the swing out will open. I had this happen to my old Hanna Quality bumper on my 80series. I had to install a pad for it to rest on and I always carried a spare U bolt.

How do I purchase one of these bumpers? Do you have a website? I don't use Facebook.
I think it's just for folks in the area now that can stop by his place to get one fitted... This is an awesome idea though. I really like that my factory tow bar offers protection and this is similar to that but way higher up and with an optional swingout... perfect.

I think it's just for folks in the area now that can stop by his place to get one fitted... This is an awesome idea though. I really like that my factory tow bar offers protection and this is similar to that but way higher up and with an optional swingout... perfect.
How do I purchase one of these bumpers? Do you have a website? I don't use Facebook.

I am working on making another batch. Couple projects ahead of this.

Thanks for letting me know. Have any photos of how it mounts to the vehicle? Pricing?

No photos of mounting. But basically take your stock 6500lb hitch off and it mounts to all the places that are on the frame. Then add two additional for the recovery points on each side. People seem to want to steal ideas so I don't post that info. Cost is $850 and $1600 with tire carrier.

I don't know if you're able to answer this, but any idea of what kinda weight we could tow with this? I'm not looking to pull the 6,500 the truck is rated for, but don't really want less than 5,000 capability.

This was 4500lbs. I wasn’t happy about it and it wasn’t a long trip but Steve (builder of bumper) has towed more and structurally it is really anchored better than a factory one but the receiver is not a full length and any hitch will have to be cut to size. I also ended up needing an 8” drop hitch. It’s not with me right now or I’d show a pic of the hitch being shorter than normal. You should be fine.

E737D348-B237-4852-8484-84CF763B2C43.jpeg

26A433FE-370E-43B4-92B0-906D2DC8BBE3.jpeg

honestly that's probably the max I'd be towing, but it would be longer trips, on/off road (hunting camp) so there will be added stresses, hence wanting that safety factor.

but thanks, I appreciate real world experience. Rig looks great btw

Great looking rig. That hitch does not look bad. Your front bummer is awesome looking, did you have it made or is it available from a vendor.

Thanks. The bumper is Dissent’s in aluminum. There’s a possibility I’m selling that rig or maybe just the bumper.....

Wellllllll wanna buy mine? 😬 It’s a fine specimen. Only selling because I have two and got a sequoia and don’t need the two GX’s anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom