Mountain Estates CLOSED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is a bummer. Who is the land owner there, David? Duke, Jim Anthony, Crescent Land & Timber?

Inquiring minds want to know.........

Capt. Jim said:
That is a bummer. Who is the land owner there, David? Duke, Jim Anthony, Crescent Land & Timber?

Inquiring minds want to know.........

None of the above. I know them personally.

BTW....I "heard" that Jim Anthony bought the Hush Hole.

David I was told by the Clemson wheelers that Mt Estates is owned by the Pickens Co Hospital according to the deed. Thats so crappy that they closed it though, any chance we can bring in the FJ before they put the gate up.

nope, they have already changed their location to Gray rock for the mud shoot....... we were so close to having the FJ Cruiser here and working for Toyota.

I hate the DNR......... before long they will take away eveything we have!!!!

Ah man, that blows. And I never even got to check it out... :mad:

You're right JP, that's the way it seems to be heading.

We need to pool our personal funds together, buy some private land with some wheel-able terrain and then tell the government and all other agencies to :flipoff2:!!!

Even that doesn't seem fool proof anymore. :crybaby:

Well...

clemson55 said:
David I was told by the Clemson wheelers that Mt Estates is owned by the Pickens Co Hospital according to the deed. Thats so crappy that they closed it though, any chance we can bring in the FJ before they put the gate up.

<bad day rant removed>
We will always comply with any and all regulations/restrictions
on land use as a good stewart of the land and a good neighbor.
Edit: I don't see any chance and as JP noted they have moved on to another site.
It is indeed crappy.

Last edited:
No need to get offended David I'm just telling what I was told. You never said specifically who owned it. It doesnt matter who owns it if we cant use it now though.

No fear, fellers!

Mountain Estates was bound to close, but think of all the fun we'll have exploring new areas!

I have found several trails that look promising just in the Keowee area that are begging to be discovered. Also, there's Jocasee not to mention the new trails in NC that our UC Scouts have found.

Let's have fun!

What about the land in the same power line run on the west side of 178? My property backs up to that power line run about 2 miles west of the Holly Springs 4-way. My survey shows the land owner as Crescent Land and Timber. Ther are some old logging trails back there. Some off road maps list them as jeep trails.

Sounds awesome. Jeep trails?? Let's go!! :grinpimp: How many acres do you have up there Capt??

Did any of you guys see that power line trail last weekend as we left Gorges State Park? Short, but looked fun!!

Don't forget that if you guys want to venture north of the border, there are TONS of areas up here that are unexplored and worthy of some expedition type outings...

RoW v. private

Capt. Jim said:
I have 23.5 acres. But I back up to that same right of way. Same terrain as Mountain Estates.

I don't think the right of way is the problem. ME's problem
is the PRIVATE property that must be crossed to gain access
to the r.o.w.
I'm still up for going in via Capt'n's driveway. :grinpimp:

We got Eric's 40 with 33's and only a rear locker up to the top of Jim's hill 2 years back - not that hard as long as it's at least a bit dry. Wet would be a different story. Would be easier if Jim motivated and put the driveway in :flipoff2:

Gundy said:
I don't think the right of way is the problem. ME's problem
is the PRIVATE property that must be crossed to gain access
to the r.o.w.
I'm still up for going in via Capt'n's driveway. :grinpimp:

Sputnik40 said:
We got Eric's 40 with 33's and only a rear locker up to the top of Jim's hill 2 years back - not that hard as long as it's at least a bit dry. Wet would be a different story. Would be easier if Jim motivated and put the driveway in :flipoff2:

Screw puttin' the driveway in for now, let's just not forget the chainsaw next time......

Capt. Jim said:
Screw puttin' the driveway in for now, let's just not forget the chainsaw next time......
Nobodys perfect 'eh Jim. Well, maybe one or three of us!:grinpimp:

Hard40 said:
Nobodys perfect 'eh Jim. Well, maybe one or three of us!:grinpimp:

I almost forgot the infamous "pass the hatchet after 100 whacks" episode when we drove up to your cabin. :D

Capt. Jim said:
I almost forgot the infamous "pass the hatchet after 100 whacks" episode when we drove up to your cabin. :D
I have been caught a "few" times without Husky Varna!:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom