Mountain Estates CLOSED (1 Viewer)

Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
2,256
Location
Sunset South Carolina, Tamassee, South Carolina
That is a bummer. Who is the land owner there, David? Duke, Jim Anthony, Crescent Land & Timber?

Inquiring minds want to know.........
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,187
Location
Dweller on the Threshold
Capt. Jim said:
That is a bummer. Who is the land owner there, David? Duke, Jim Anthony, Crescent Land & Timber?

Inquiring minds want to know.........


None of the above. I know them personally.

BTW....I "heard" that Jim Anthony bought the Hush Hole.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
4,386
Location
Bozeman, MT
David I was told by the Clemson wheelers that Mt Estates is owned by the Pickens Co Hospital according to the deed. Thats so crappy that they closed it though, any chance we can bring in the FJ before they put the gate up.
 

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
9,319
Location
Clemson, South Carolina
nope, they have already changed their location to Gray rock for the mud shoot....... we were so close to having the FJ Cruiser here and working for Toyota.

I hate the DNR......... before long they will take away eveything we have!!!!
 
Joined
Dec 15, 2003
Messages
3,646
Location
CLT
Ah man, that blows. And I never even got to check it out... :mad:

You're right JP, that's the way it seems to be heading.

We need to pool our personal funds together, buy some private land with some wheel-able terrain and then tell the government and all other agencies to :flipoff2:!!!

Even that doesn't seem fool proof anymore. :crybaby:
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,187
Location
Dweller on the Threshold
Well...

clemson55 said:
David I was told by the Clemson wheelers that Mt Estates is owned by the Pickens Co Hospital according to the deed. Thats so crappy that they closed it though, any chance we can bring in the FJ before they put the gate up.

<bad day rant removed>
We will always comply with any and all regulations/restrictions
on land use as a good stewart of the land and a good neighbor.
Edit: I don't see any chance and as JP noted they have moved on to another site.
It is indeed crappy.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
4,386
Location
Bozeman, MT
No need to get offended David I'm just telling what I was told. You never said specifically who owned it. It doesnt matter who owns it if we cant use it now though.
 
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
1,104
No fear, fellers!

Mountain Estates was bound to close, but think of all the fun we'll have exploring new areas!

I have found several trails that look promising just in the Keowee area that are begging to be discovered. Also, there's Jocasee not to mention the new trails in NC that our UC Scouts have found.

Let's have fun!
 
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
2,256
Location
Sunset South Carolina, Tamassee, South Carolina
What about the land in the same power line run on the west side of 178? My property backs up to that power line run about 2 miles west of the Holly Springs 4-way. My survey shows the land owner as Crescent Land and Timber. Ther are some old logging trails back there. Some off road maps list them as jeep trails.
 
Joined
Dec 15, 2003
Messages
3,646
Location
CLT
Sounds awesome. Jeep trails?? Let's go!! :grinpimp: How many acres do you have up there Capt??

Did any of you guys see that power line trail last weekend as we left Gorges State Park? Short, but looked fun!!

Don't forget that if you guys want to venture north of the border, there are TONS of areas up here that are unexplored and worthy of some expedition type outings...
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,187
Location
Dweller on the Threshold
RoW v. private

Capt. Jim said:
I have 23.5 acres. But I back up to that same right of way. Same terrain as Mountain Estates.

I don't think the right of way is the problem. ME's problem
is the PRIVATE property that must be crossed to gain access
to the r.o.w.
I'm still up for going in via Capt'n's driveway. :grinpimp:
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
2,602
We got Eric's 40 with 33's and only a rear locker up to the top of Jim's hill 2 years back - not that hard as long as it's at least a bit dry. Wet would be a different story. Would be easier if Jim motivated and put the driveway in :flipoff2:

Gundy said:
I don't think the right of way is the problem. ME's problem
is the PRIVATE property that must be crossed to gain access
to the r.o.w.
I'm still up for going in via Capt'n's driveway. :grinpimp:
 
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
2,256
Location
Sunset South Carolina, Tamassee, South Carolina
Sputnik40 said:
We got Eric's 40 with 33's and only a rear locker up to the top of Jim's hill 2 years back - not that hard as long as it's at least a bit dry. Wet would be a different story. Would be easier if Jim motivated and put the driveway in :flipoff2:

Screw puttin' the driveway in for now, let's just not forget the chainsaw next time......
 
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
721
Capt. Jim said:
Screw puttin' the driveway in for now, let's just not forget the chainsaw next time......
Nobodys perfect 'eh Jim. Well, maybe one or three of us!:grinpimp:
 
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
721
Capt. Jim said:
I almost forgot the infamous "pass the hatchet after 100 whacks" episode when we drove up to your cabin. :D
I have been caught a "few" times without Husky Varna!:grinpimp:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom