Mountain Driving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning mud. I didn’t bother searching....

Got into North GA last night and will be driving around here and Carolina. Any recommendations for the hills and mountain driving?

Not towing anything just family of 4 onboard. Two kids and grownups.

Hop on the Olde North State Cruiser clubhouse if your looking for info on NC.
Great group. Super welcoming and helpful. If the timing works out you might even get a free private guide as many of them are looking for any excuse to get out.

I was mostly looking for how to drive the roads. :)

Overdrive? Downshifting?

Ha ha yeah, pop it out of overdrive and downshift. Don't ride your brakes :hillbilly:

There is almost no grade I cannot slow down on with engine braking now, but that is the joy of my 34" tires!

Really? Press the gas pedal. "Mountains" in the SE . . .[/QUOTE
Morning mud. I didn’t bother searching....

Got into North GA last night and will be driving around here and Carolina. Any recommendations for the hills and mountain driving?

Not towing anything just family of 4 onboard. Two kids and grownups.
Just drive and enjoy..I live up here in God's country...Watch out for the tourists stopping in the middle of the road taking pictures..

Downshift on descents to keep better control of the vehicle and not burn out brakes. You can also hit the POWER button as it'll change the shift points to a higher revs, which helps keep the engine in a sweet spot on ascents.

Mountains in NC haha just drive your cruiser like you normally do, you will be just fine! Lots of cool stuff to see in Western NC. I spent 15 yrs in the Carolinas.

Okay. Thanks all. :)

Just being overly ‘sensitive’ ;)

It is important to downshift and disengage OD because it is very easy to warp the rotors on this vehicle due to the weight. Beyond that it is all good.

Everyone is right about down shifting and letting the car walk itself down a hill vs riding the brakes.

Also, when you're stuck, judicious use of the skinny pedal is what breaks things.

We watch flatlander's overheat brakes here in the Rockies all to often. Brakes are for stopping. Transmission is for controlling speed, use it.

Plan ahead and avoid braking in turns, especially in the down hill.

Watch out for tourists especially this time of year. You come around a hairpin curve and they will be sitting in the middle of the road taking pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom