Mount Cheam Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys: The wheel'n season is winding down and the idea has come up for a day run up Mount Cheam like we did last year. Its located behind Chilliwack and any of our club vehicles could easily make it. The views South toward the border are spectacular (this avitar shows it) and there is one optional challenging place called Widowmaker Hill. The north side of the mountain has great views of Chilliwack, the Fraser, and Harrison Lake. Its an easy and great family fall run with the leaves swirling around behind vehicles. I propose sooner rather than later, say October 2nd or 9 th. If anybody is interested, contact us on this thread.
~Bill

Hi Bill,

90% sure I'm in for Mt Cheam.

Bruce

Could we leave Saturday am and stay over Saturday night? Just a thought...

B

Nothing is fixed yet as far as arrangements are concerned. Because Mt. Cheam is so close to home, I expect people will want to go home rather than camping. It is an excellent family type trip because the roads are relatively easy and we don't have to go too far. Lets have a little more input from those interested please....
~Bill

Last edited:
Well, I'm flexible as to what day we go. Most people seem to prefer Sunday.
I'm still waiting to see who is coming. So far, Gary Telford, Bruce Davie & Milena, myself, and you. I've been trying to get in touch with Gary T to see what he thinks but he hasn't been answering his phone calls and doesn't use the internet. I'm hoping to get this going ASAP in case we go this coming weekend.
~Bill

I'm interested... according to my calendar I don't have a free weekend until the 15th/16th. October 10th is Thanksgiving so I will definitely have family commitments. :beer:

die familie Steiger will probably be heading out for that trip to. Just gotta see what vehicle we shall be bringing that day! (and..whatever day it is)
I'll probably have a Chilliwack redneck buddy or 2 tagging along with me as well.

Ania and I are in as well. I wish i could go in my truck , ROB! lol, if not you have to come too.

the weekend of the 9th would be better, as this weekend it is going to rain.

According to the Weather Network, its going to rain both the 2nd and the 9th. But what the heck do they know? Now if Thanksgiving is on the 10th, most people may be busy with family that weekend.
So, since I haven't been able to contact Gary T, I propose we go this coming weekend, the 2nd. Last year we met at the big Husky gas station just off Highway 1 in Chilliwack for breakfast at 9:00 am. This is tentative so far, but is should work.
So far, it looks like the following may come:
Gary T, Bruce and Melina, maybe Petra, Jeff & Becky family, Marcin & Ania, Bill Wilkinson. I will phone around to the usual suspects and see if anyone else is interested. Derek, where are you these days? Gordon, are you still wheel'n? Norm, haven't seen you for a while. Barry & Chris, leave those 747's alone for once. Let's have a good turnout for the last wheel'n weekend of the season.
~Bill

@$#%& !@##%&* (for all those virgin ears!!)

I have birthday committments this weekend (another teen in the midsts) and I work EVERY Sunday.... "IF" you change your plans to the following weekend (saturday preferably), and if the weather holds out... I would love to go another Saturday for some trail cruizin'... If I don't see ya all this weekend, have a blast...

:bounce2: OK, THE TRIP TO MOUNT CHEAM IS DEFINITELY ON THIS SUNDAY, MEET AT THE HUSKY STATION COFFEE SHOP ON VEDDER ROAD JUST SOUTH OF HIGHWAY 1, AT 9:00 AM FOR BREAKFAST AND PULL-OUT AT 9:30 SHARP. THE ROAD IS EASY AND IF YOU WANT MORE CHALLENGE YOU CAN CLIMB THE SAND HILL OR GO DOWN THE WIDOWMAKER. BRING YOUR FAMILY, LUNCH, AND CAMERA. LET'S HAVE A GOOD TURNOUT FOR THIS LAST WHEEL'N CLUB FUNCTION OF THE SEASON.
~BILL
:grinpimp:

Sorry, But Ania And I Can Not Make It...
We Should Go To Sloquet Hot Springs After Snow Falls.

Hi Gang,

Unfortunately, Milena and I will not be able to make the Cheam trip this weekend (family stuff). I hope you all have a great time.

Bruce

Well, I just have to say, out of a club membership of 41, its rather pathetic that so few people are willing to come out. Its hardly worth organizing these trips if nobody wants to wheel. Maybe next year we should forget about club trips and just meet once a month and talk about Cruisers only. :mad:
~Bill

It's always tough to get many people together, especially with any amount of frequency and consistency. People have other commitments, work, family time, other hobbies, etc. etc.

I'm working on Sunday, otherwise I would have attended. Personally, as far as my hobbies go, it's always been flyfishing first and then Cruisers. You won't find me on any trails during the prime seasons for fishing different species of fish...I'd definitely be on the water during my spare moments then. :D

My point is...I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort that you put into organizing these runs. Don't take what you deem as poor turnout as lack of appreciation, as there are other reasons why many of us might not be able to attend. :beer:

Bill, your efforts have not gone un-noticed, and I would suggest this last 1.5 years there has been more activity in the club of a "wheeling note" then there has been in the last number of years. For sure much can be atributed to your efforts.

I am working tonight, sleeping during the day on Sat after a few hours work in the shop, praying for a Q night on Saturday, then off work at 08:00, packing/shopping/getting ready for 5 days at Quesnel Lake, and leaving early Monday. I just can't do it either...

Plan your day, extend the offer to share your day, and enjoy your day, if 2 or 20 show.

gb

Trip

I will try to make it, this is the first I've heard so far. Good thing I checked the forum

Garry

Make sure to upload your pics from previous trips....

Email me to find out how..

garry@bcmail.net

http://coastalcruisers.ca

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom