Motor replacment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The cost about $7000+ to newblock and rebuild head for the 1FZ.
A assume you can't get a new long block.
A used motor is $2500.
Is it worth spending $7000 on a old hi mi 80? Then the tranny would go at some time after that. I can get a good lower mi 80 in better shape than my for not much more than the price of a new motor and tranny?
What does one do in this case???

www.toyota-parts-dealer.com has a complete new engine (minus electricals and manifold) for $6990.17, and a short block for $2945.02, these are OEM Toyota. I suppose Cdan could do similar as well, so an engine might not cost as much as you think.

This is what I was talking about,
erics_bruiser got a whole 80 for about half the price a new/rebuilt motor :-\

Last time I talked to Marv at Spector he had 20something brand new 1FZs.

LKQ, national used auto parts place quoted me $1800 for a 60K mile motor and $1200 for the Tranny for my high miles 93 a few months ago. They said they had several motors ranging from 60K to 150K all the same price. Those prices convinced me that I was safe buying a rig with 240k on the clock.

i looked up all the marks stuff not to long ago and i wanna say that marks is selling stuff through advanced adapters also?

any ways heres one site
http://www.marks4wd.com/

some one has a page i cant remeber i found it searching in yahoo. in the page they did the swap not a whole lot of detail but they did it with a used fuel injected 350 our od a burbon

If one went with a used motor, does is have to come out of the same year as the one you are putting it in?
Do years overlap?
If you went with a newer year would you need the ECU and wiring and what else?

[quote author=firetruck41 link=board=2;threadid=8795;start=msg75835#msg75835 date=1071498199]
www.toyota-parts-dealer.com has a complete new engine (minus electricals and manifold) for $6990.17, and a short block for $2945.02, these are OEM Toyota. I suppose Cdan could do similar as well, so an engine might not cost as much as you think.
[/quote]
I asked about the long block and got an answer

"Kurt, complete motor not avail short block 2642.16 bare head 1124.35 it would take me 3 to 5 days to get parts if you have any questions call"

So you/I will have to build your own motor from parts :'(

Still, doesn't seem like too bad a price for a new toyota shortblock, that should be good for another 250k+

[quote author=lagwagon link=board=2;threadid=8795;start=msg76008#msg76008 date=1071515492]
Last time I talked to Marv at Spector he had 20something brand new 1FZs.
[/quote]

Where did SOR get the longblocks and how much? Toyota doesn't sell them :-[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom