Motor mounts

BigSur

Would a lose motor mount cause roughness? Not idle roughness but roughness in general?

3pits

possibly, but it is more likely only to exagerate/make you notice roughness from the engine

I have seen 2fs with 3 broken MM look fine except they twist like a raver on x at a disco party,, when you rev them up,, the broken MM allowed the motor to bounce in stead of gently sway within the confines just my .02

BMAN

I had a bad AA mount on the 40 that once it was fixed smoothed out the ride a bunch. Iwas actually amazed at the difference it made. It was so much quieter on the road and trail. I felt like I had a new rig.

EDIT***

Is the mount LOOSE or BAD?

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

always I was noticed about bad ( but present ) MM with the fan grinding in the cover .. ( fan cover off course )

FJ60 MMs are kinda weird in that they don't have a "through" bolt like most. In other words, only rubber is connecting the motor to the frame. These can fail gradually as a crack in the rubber gets bigger and bigger. If one was beginning to crack you could get the engine jumping around a bit which might make it feel "rough".

Tapage said:
always I was noticed about bad ( but present ) MM with the fan grinding in the cover .. ( fan cover off course )

this is what mine does, fan grinds the shroud. usually only when i get on it or in 4wd.

BigSur

Well it turned out to be a bad motor mount...the bolt underneath was loose as a goose and that was causing a vibration. The bolt is now tightened and she purr's like a kitten again.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

beaufort-fj60 said:
this is what mine does, fan grinds the shroud. usually only when i get on it or in 4wd.
off course in 4L is the moment when your engine push more torque and power on the diff .. and the left side of your engine ( driver side ) raise ..

Top Bottom