motor cart ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ccasteel

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have pics or plans for a cart that I can put a spare 2F, (or 2F tranny & xfer) on for moving around the shop till I get around to working on it.

Why not buy a Harbor Freight motor stand for like 80 bucks?

Why not buy a Harbor Freight motor stand for like 80 bucks?

I already have one of those. I'm looking for ideas for storing an engine long term. Either with or without the tranny and xfer attached. As much as I have to rearrange my work area I need it to be mobile. I don't think the conventional engine stands are strong enough and stable enough for what I'm wanting.

I use those Harbor Freight movers dolleys, some wood blocks and a ratchet strap. I currently have a 24v Cummins sitting on one so a 2F isn't a problem...

Nick

I had an sbc on an engine cradle for 10 years. They're low and stable, so they're easy to push around. You will probably only find them for really common engines, but you could easily build one for the 2F. Make a back bar(s) that would fit a couple of bellhousing holes (or even the stock mounts on the side of the bellhousing) and some posts for the front engine mounts. It would need to be beefier for the 2F, but that would not be difficult. Build it just tall enough for the pan to clear the floor and it will be much safer than a typical stand.

This is a typical cradle from Summit:
engine cradle.jpg

engine

Hi Steel,

Here what I used. Had some 3/4 ply that was pretty oiled from other jobs. Cut it to fit the pan height and made the width fit the oil pan rails Four castors and you have it made. Keeps the motor low to the floor for safety and can be rolled right up to wall. Cheap and easy if you have basic wood working skills.

Thanks jb
engine stand.jpg

Here is the one I am currently using. I have had both an F and 2F on it, with and without the trans/t-case.

Its very stable and easy to move around, this one was made by roll glide, more info here: Roll Glide.com, but it would be very easy to fab one up yourself.

Good luck,
IMG_6103 (Medium).JPG

Hiya, I've got a 2f with all the parts w/o the t case in the garage on a wooden frame I made with 4x4 lumber and some casters. The most expensive thing was the casters & bolts. I put 1/4" angle iron in the back to attach the engine bolts to. It's held up for 3+ years. best regards, ty :beer:

This is not my beautiful shop.....

This is not my beautiful shop, this is not my beautiful 2F, how did I get here? Same as it ever was.........

That is gorgeous?:beer:

Here is the one I am currently using. I have had both an F and 2F on it, with and without the trans/t-case.

Its very stable and easy to move around, this one was made by roll glide, more info here: Roll Glide.com, but it would be very easy to fab one up yourself.

Good luck,

Me too

I use those Harbor Freight movers dolleys, some wood blocks and a ratchet strap. I currently have a 24v Cummins sitting on one so a 2F isn't a problem...

Nick

I use one also $15 cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom