MOSTPLUS 21100-61012 Carburetor Any Good? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a super cheap carburetor for $78 on amazon that says it is compatible with a 2F 4.2L 1969-1987. My gut tells me this is way to good to be true but the reviews so far on Amazon (all 6 of them lol) are fairly positive.

Here is the link to the carburetor ... Amazon product ASIN B089Y7GWND
1) Is it any good?
2) Will it work with a 10/1985 FJ60?
3) What modifications can I expect to make? It sounds like I will use my original idle solenoid power connector. Will the existing heat riser that I have work? Is there anything else I should consider when trying to attach this to the trucks original intake manifold and heat riser? Aside from getting new gaskets. Will my existing choke system work?
4) I will be traveling to areas with higher altitudes and colder climates. Should I use high altitude jets? Turn down the idle mixture a bit?
5) Is the idle mixture screw on this carb in the same spot as the original OEM carb (side closest to the air cleaner?
6) Is this the same carb mentioned in the So I tried this cheap ass carb... - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/so-i-tried-this-cheap-ass-carb.1051191/ post for Fj40s?

Here are some pictures. Thanks for your help!

1639846976397.png
1639847013278.png

1639847064052.png
1639847093721.png

1639847132874.png
1639847163396.png

$78 would have bought you just the sight glass and power valve on a Toyota carburetor back in the day when carb parts were available from Toyota.
Remember - Amazon reviews for the most part are worthless (fake).
You could buy that carb as a curiosity, but I wouldn’t count on it working correctly.
Buy a carb from City Racer

They're gonna be hit or miss. Most people bolt 'em up and they run perfect, but being a CCP product, quality control is gonna be what you don't pay for. Can't imagine there's too many of these clone manufactures, so it's probably the same. The only difference I see is some are Silver zinc chromate and some are Gold. One was given to me and I had it apart and they look fine, but not Japanese quality, obviously. But not meant to last 35 years, either.

Be aware they don't have provisions for HAC or smog, so you can't run it if you have to keep smog legal or live at elevation, although could be rejetted for above 4K ft easy enough. There are Mikuni jets that I'm told will work.

There seems to be a lot of them sold on ebay, amz, etc and I don't read many complaints, so may be worth a shot at that price.

Let us know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom